Chapter 10

"HOW did he know Gryffin was here, Ate?" She asked Maricris the next day.

"I have no idea, Icang. I was even surprised that he arrived here just a few minutes when you arrived"

"He came to the restaurant, My" Raven said, "Gryffin just left a minute to fetch Huffle when he arrived looking for you. Maybe they bumped into each other yet he realized that it was Gryffin..."

"Probably"

"Mommy?" They all looked at Gryffin as she held his hand when he called her name, "Hey, I'm here... How are you?" She softly asked.

"You're here?" he murmured with disbelief, "You're home?" his voice is still raspy maybe because of his medications.

"Yes, Gryffin. Mommy's here" she gently combed his hair with her fingers, '"Do you want anything else? Are you hungry?" but his attention wasn't at her. He tried to sit which she helped him.

"W-What happened, Mom?" he asked, "Mom, where's Argus? How was he?"

"Argus is okay" she assured him, "He's at the next room with his family"

Gryffin sighed with relief, "I-I'm sorry, Mom. I know it's a bit reckless--"

"If you didn't do it, you weren't the one who's here now. It's okay, son. Just be careful next time..." It's a good thing that Argus has a driver's license, they won't face any violation.

"Mom... Where's Dad?"

She was taken aback by his question "H-huh?"

He smiled at her, "Dad was here, Mom! He was here..."

"W-What are you talking about?" He was unconscious when he was brought here. How did he know that his father was here?

"I was about to leave and fetch Huffle when I thought I saw him outside the Wizards. I was about to take a second look when Argus arrived." Gryffin sighed and massaged his temples, "When we arrived, Tito Eugene called me and said that they would take Huffle home. So, Argus and I decided to go somewhere to eat when a waiter approached me and gave me a letter"

Maricar's forehead creased,  "W-What letter?"

"It's in my pocket..."

She handed him a ziplock where his things were placed. She didn't pay attention to it since she thought it was just a piece of paper.

"This..." Gryffin handed it to her, "Mom, now I understand why Dad has been gone for too long. He got into an accident and had amnesia... It took him years to remember us.."

She couldn't speak. She didn't know how to tell him. Could he already handle the truth?

"Mom, Dad wants to come home" his voice filled with eagerness and hope that breaks her heart, "He wants to come home, Mommy"

"Gryffin, it's not that easy" His facial expression changed into frustration and confusion.

"D-Don't you want him back, M-Mommy?" He's 17 years old but it seemed that he went back to his nine-year-old self, "A-aren't we going to be a family again?"

She bit lower her lip and held his hand tightly. She wanted to say sorry but no words came out of her mouth.

"He left us, Gryffin" Raven directly said in which she didn't expect, "Dominic left us"

"W-what?" Gryffin was puzzled, "What do you mean?"

"Raven--"

"I should have told you this before but Mom asked me not to" He continued and looked straightly in his brother's eyes, "but right now, I can't let you hate Mom because of this. You should know now the real reason why he left."