Chapter 18

SATURDAY came and she couldn't deny how Slyther looked excited for this day. He was the one who woke them up at 5 AM.

"How are you feeling?" Maricris asked as they put the things at the compartment, "Did you eat your breakfast?"

She nodded, "I'm okay but can you drive for now? I don't think I can do long driving" Slyther told her that Dominic booked a place for them in Batangas, it is a place in South. An approximately two-hour drive from Manila.

They arrived around 7:30 AM. The weather is good, the place looked so serene and magical. This is the kind of place she wanted to spend their honeymoon and she's sure that Tristan would love that.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Maricris asked her as she noticed her outfit for today. She didn't look excited. She was just wearing a two-piece bikini with a see-through top and a denim short shorts.

She doesn't look like a mother of two. Look at her, she could still pass as a 25-year-old woman. It's the genes maybe.

Her children went down the SUV and gathered their things at the back. She smelled the natural sent of fresh saltwater. It was so damn good.

"This is what I need! A vacation finally!" Maricris extends her both arms and heads up as if trying to fly.

"Anyway, where's Kuya Eugene and the kids?" She asked, "You should have asked them to come"

"I did. They would just follow since the girls still have their ballet classes and Uge has work to do, but he promised me that they would come. I'd skin him alive if he wouldn't"

She chuckled while imagining her brother in law's reaction if he would eventually ditch Maricris. But that guy was too in love with her sister. He would never do that.

"Hi!"

"Dad!" Slyther and Gryffin run towards him. What a nostalgic moment. But, it wasn't Slyther who runs this fast to him.

She looked at Raven and still preoccupied with taking their things while Huffle helps him.

Maricris slightly elbowed her and whispered, "In all fairness with your ex. He still looked damn fine." She couldn't help but look at him and realized that he was only wearing his board shorts.

Damn, Maricris.

Okay, Dominic looked like a Gucci model in that thing. How old was he? 37 like Tristan if she wasn't mistaken.

"How's your trip?" He asked as he initiated to carry some of their things, "I've prepared food at villa and also your rooms if you like to rest" They guided them in and there she saw how blue and clean the waters are!

"Wow, do you have other visitors?" Maricris asked as they saw how much food he prepared!

"Oh, it's just us and ---"

"Hi!" They turned their heads and confused who was the beautiful girl who just arrived, "Dad, this is what you've asked for."

She was caught off guard with what she heard. Dad? Did she hear it right?

"Everyone, this is my daughter, Abby" He introduced her, "Abby, these are your siblings"

Abby smiled widely at them, "Hello!" as she immediately rushed at the counter and brought out a wrapped box, "Mama wanted me to give this to you. It's our birthday present" she smiled again, "Happy Birthday, Slyth"

Slyther gave a faint smile, "Thank you"

There was an awkward silence among them. She doesn't know what to feel or to react at this moment. She didn't know if she should be angry because Dominic did lie again to her.

He told her that they don't have a child but right now, a 14 or 15-year-old girl is in front of them!

Where was the other one? They must have two since that was the reason why Dominic left them, right?

"So..." Maricris broke the silence, "Where's your wife, Dom?" as Maricris talked with him, she asked her children to put their things at the room.

"Oh, she's busy with the firm since I took a leave" he answered.

"Does she know that you're here?"

"Yes"

"Just making sure. I don't want my sister to look--"

"Ate" She cut her off and looked into her eyes. This is Slyther's birthday. They should refrain from talking about the past anymore.

"It's okay, Maricar. I understand" Dominic said and smiled. When they're settled, they gathered at the big round table for their breakfast.

However, she couldn't see Huffle. Where could she be?

"Raven, where's your sister?" She asked and it seemed that he didn't notice either, "I'll just look for her..."

"Let me do it, My" Raven said and quickly got into his feet.

What happened to Huffle?

---

Raven didn't have a hard time to look for Huffle. She was only a few walks away from their villa and just sitting under the tree as she faced the sea.

What was she doing here?

"Huffle?" she doesn't seem surprised that he was there, "We're about to eat, what are you doing here?"

She heavily sighed, "I'm not hungry, Kuya. I just want to stay here for a while"

He didn't say any word rather he just sit beside her. He knew his siblings enough to know that she has a problem.

"You want to talk about it?" He calmly asked. He's not usually like this to others but not to them, not to her, "C'mon, Puffie..."

Her eyes met his and he could see hurt in it, "I never met him, Kuya" she started, "I never heard you and Mom talking about him so I don't have any idea who's he"

He didn't take his eyes away from her and patiently waited for what she is going to say, "But it doesn't really matter since while growing up, Papa's there" she smiled, "I never felt that I needed him since I already have one" she paused because of the tears that were about to fall.

He held her hand to assure her that it's okay. She didn't have to hide anything from him because their secret will always be safe with him.

"But, when I met him in the hospital... He couldn't even remember who I was," she let out a fake chuckle, "He thought that I wasn't his child and that hurt. I asked Mommy if it was true yet she denied. She assured me that I am his daughter..." tears started to flow from her eyes. "I was a part of his memory that he can't remember and that's okay, I understand... I thought I understand..."

Huffle looked at his eyes full of questions and without a doubt, those questions bring pain in her heart.

"Kuya, I'm also his child but why he can't remember me? How could he remember Ate Abby and not me?" She covered her face and couldn't control her tears anymore.

Raven caged his sister in an embrace and let her cry it out.

"Why did he only forget me? Is it because he doesn't love me? Is because he never wants me?"

"Huffle" He cupped her face and wiped the tears from her eyes, "Listen to me, okay? Listen to Kuya."

He sighed deeply, "This is not your fault." he said, "It is not and will never be your fault"

He embraces her so tight. This is what he's scared of. To see his sister going through the same pain he felt before.