Chapter 30

Happy New Year to all of you! This would be the last update for this year. I hope to hear more from you about this story! God Bless!
---

"ARE you not going home again, Tristan?" Allie - his business associate, asked yet he was too preoccupied with the papers in his desk that he didn't seem to hear what his friend said.

"Tristan... " She walked towards him and pulled a chair beside, "That's not healthy anymore, you can get sick---"

"I don't care,"

"Now I know what you need," Allie walked towards his liquor cabinet and grabbed the bottle of whiskey.

"I had to finish a lot of things, I didn't need that,"

"Stop fooling yourself. You don't even understand what you are reading in that paper because you're mind isn't here. C'mon, you need this. Tell me about it" She poured the whiskey in the glass and handed it to him.

Fuck. She's right.

"What's the problem?" She asked as reached for it, "Having second thoughts?"

He shook his head, "You really think that I'll have that?" he frustratedly answered, "She didn't show up, again... "

Allie was surprised, "In your pre-wedding counseling? Why?"

He stood up from his seat, "She became cold and distant since we lost our baby, Allie" He confessed, "I couldn't touch, see nor talk to her anymore,"

"Is she shutting you out?"

He shrugged his shoulder, "It's been three months Allie. I don't know what else to do. In just two months, we'll be getting married but..."

"But?"

"But, what if she'll call it off?" He said it the way it is the scariest thing he didn't want to happen, "What if--"

"Tristan" Allie stopped him, "I know, Maricar. She loves you..."

"T-This is all my fault. I should have been there... I wasn't able to protect them..."

"No," Allie disagreed, "It is not your fault neither Maricar. No one wanted it to happen,"

He raised his head and tried to keep his tears at bay, "Then why does it seemed that I lost her too?"

Tristan was left inside the four corners of his office while looking at their photos together with the kids.

They looked so genuinely happy.

He was in the middle of staring at her photo when his phone rang. It is Huffle.

He composed himself before answering the call, "Why is my princess still awake?"

"Papa, is Mama with you?"

"What? No..." His brows furrowed, "She's not home?"

"Ate Tania said she left around 5 PM in Wizards yet it's already 11 PM and she still not home," Huffle said, "We called Tita Maricris, too!"

"Don't worry, Princess. She will come home, okay? I'll try to look for her, too,"

"Thanks, Papa!" right after Huffle's call, he dialed Maricar's number.

"Baby, c'mon pick up..." He murmured.

"Tristan?" Yes!

"Baby, where are you? Your children are looking for you--"

"I'm on my way, don't worry," She said, "I'll call you once I get home, bye!"

"Wait---" yet she dropped it, "I love you..." He murmured.