Chapter 45

CYNTHIA was lost for words after she played the recording. There was complete silence between them and only the raindrops falling on the window make sounds.

"She was the one who told me that you're pregnant, " Dominic broke the silence between them, "that I got you pregnant, "

Her throat runs dry, she couldn't believe that Cora could actually do it, "N-No.."

"She threatened to..to kill them if I didn't take full responsibility of what happened between us," His voice broke, "if I won't leave her and if I won't marry you,"

She didn't even realize that there were tears flowing from her eyes.

"I've tried so many times to go back to them, especially when our baby was gone," He continued, "but she kept on threatening me through them, Raven was almost hit by a car, Gryffin was almost stabbed, Slyther was almost been tripped by some bystanders and Huffle, my baby girl... She threatened to have her kidnap and God knows that could they do with her, " Dominic lost it, too. He broke down.

Dominic Delaverde is crying.

"But the most painful of all, she set Maricar up with another man who almost drugged her to sleep. If she didn't leave that night, she could have been raped" He cursed out of frustration, "Thank God she left..."

"Then she met Tristan" She continued and looked at him, "and you drowned yourself with a lot of work and alcohol all those years"

"I was about to end my life that night" He confessed pertaining to the accident he just had, "But it didn't happen, I'm still here... Maybe God thought that I still needed to pay for all the wrong things I've done before I die,"

Cynthia broke down on her wheel. This is the truth that caged them for years. The truth she tried to mask away.

"D-Does it means... The reason why you chose me isn't that you love me?" She bit her lip and clenched her fist, "but because you love them?"

Dominic nodded as a response.

"Did you love me? Even just a little? Even just a moment?"

Dominic reached for her hand and held it tight, "You've been patient, caring and lovable wife to me, Cynthia" He said, "But I can't lie anymore, you deserve to know now."

Cynthia closed her eyes, she knew that this was it. She got blinded and fooled by this love but in the end, it all boils down from this.

This is not about whether she could or couldn't give him a child. Not about her being the most supportive wife. Not about being pretty and desirable. Not about being nagger or listener because those things don't matter at all.

"I still love her, let's end this now..."

---

Maricar found herself walking around the hospital corridors, after the argument she had with Tristan, she needed some time to think and since she couldn't leave her daughter, she opted for this place instead.

"You just need to sign here, Mrs. Delaverde," She stopped and saw a nurse with Cynthia went out of the morgue. She didn't know how long she was staring until their eyes met.

Cora's gone. She just lost her sister.

She had no strength and time for this, so she just turned her back and walked away until "Can we talk?" Cynthia asked, "Please..."

They find themselves inside the hospital little chapel that wasn't that far with Huffle's room. Aside from that, it's quiet, she felt that this is the only place they could talk properly.