Chapter 9

"ARE you the manager?"

Raven took a deep breath and compose himself. He needs to face him with professionalism.

"No" he stoically said "but you have to leave before I call the police, you're scaring our guest, Mister"

Dominic grabbed his arm which made him flinch, "I-I know you" he murmured.

No! He should stay that way. He didn't want him to remember him.

"Just leave" He pulled his arm back and went back inside. He leaned on the swivel chair and closed his eyes, he couldn't help but remember those moments they had shared together.

Those memories that pained him still. Those memories he tried to repress for so long just came back in just a snap.

How he idolized, how he admired and how he loved him. But still, it wasn't enough for him to stay. It wasn't enough for him to choose them.

He clenched his fist once again. Over his dead body, he won't let him get near with his siblings. He will not let him hurt them with his false hopes and broken promises.

They should be spared with this pain, heartache, loneliness, and pity. They should not feel the fear of love nor experience the anger, the sadness of being fooled, abandoned and replaced.

He wouldn't let them become like him.

----

IT'S 6:30 PM when their flight from Japan landed in the Philippines. It was a long day but blissful. This is the best vacation she had for years.

"Are you all set?" Tristan asked as he put their luggage on the compartment, "You didn't forget something?"

"No, Baby. I'm all set" she said as he opened the door for her, "Thank you"

"Thank you for picking us, Noel," Tristan said to his driver, "Let's head to Maricar's house"

"Yes, Sir"

He put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to him, she chuckled.

"Thank you for coming with me, Baby" Tristan whispered as he stroked her hair, "I hope you had fun"

Fun? It was amazing! "Japan was amazing," She said and put his lips on his ear, "But that sauna experience with you was the highlight"

Tristan smiled naughtily and bit his lower lip, "How about the shower?" he whispered back and pulled her a lot closer.

She caressed his face and reached for his lips. They almost forgot that Noel was there if her phone didn't ring.

"Come home to me tonight?" Tristan continued to kiss her jaws down to her neck. When was the last time they become this touchy?

Her phone rings again. She pulled away for a while, "Wait, it's Ate Maricris" she said and answered only to be greeted with panic on her voice.

"Oh my goodness! Thank God you're back!"

"W-What's wrong? Our plane just landed--"

"You better come here to the hospital! Gryffin got into an accident. He's still in the emergency room!"

"What!" She covered her mouth then massaged her temples. Tristan held her hand, still has no idea what happened, "Which hospital?"

As soon as Maricris told her, she instructed Noel to change the destination.

"Who's in the hospital? What happened, Baby?" Tristan worriedly asked.

"I-It's Gryffin... I-I don't know what happened. We better get there quick... Oh, God..." she bit her lip to suppress her tears away and clasped her hands to pray.