Chapter 17

MARICAR was feeling a little bit under the weather when she woke up. She felt weak and sore, she couldn't move.

Definitely pregnancy hormones.

However, she was forced to get off the bed and rushed to the comfort room to vomit.

Damn, she already got pregnant four times yet it seemed that this is the first time she ever did. She carefully stood from where she kneeled and washed her face.

She sighed as she looked herself in the mirror. This is it. She is really pregnant. She held her flat stomach and couldn't help but smile.

This baby is not just a product of love but also a reminder of God's promise and faithfulness. He has given her another chance to be happy. Another chance to feel and have the love that she once lost.

Thank you, Lord. She thought.

She went down after she fixed herself yet was surprised to see who stands in the kitchen.

"Good morning, Mommy!" Slyther greeted her with a kiss, "Let's have some breakfast, My! Dad cooked for us" he guided her at the dining and pulled the chair for her.

"Good morning, Mommy. Good morning, Dad!" Gryffin greeted her as well. He's already in his school uniform, ready to go.

"G-Good morning. Where's your Kuya and Huffle?" she asked, "Call them to join us"

Gryffin nodded and headed upstairs.

Dominic walked towards her wearing her pink apron that Huffle knitted for their school project. He put some plates at the table and even served her with fried rice, sunny side up egg, hotdogs and bacon.

"I-I can manage," she said and sighed, "D-Dominic, you shouldn't be here---"

She was cut off when Raven and Huffle arrived. As usual, Raven looked at his father with deep hatred.

She could feel it.

"Good morning, Raven" Dominic greeted him, "Let's eat?"

Gryffin and Slyther went to their place and helped themselves, "I've prepared your favorite breakfast" he looked at Raven. Obviously trying to please him, but they both knew it won't work that way.

"Ohh! This looks delicious, Dad!" Slyther smiled as he looked at the food his father prepared. He put some bacon on his plate, "Oh, Dad. I don't eat bacon"

"Why? Isn't your favorite?" her brows furrowed with what he said. Where did that come from?

She was about to tell him but Raven did, "He's allergic," he said monotonously as he served his own food, "It was Gryffin who loves bacon"

There was a short silence after that. It was a little awkward but at least, Gryffin came to the rescue.

"Join us, Dad!" he said to break the awkward silence, "Huffle, eat some more!"

Slyther and Gryffin initiated to talk, while she held Raven's hand and give him a smile. She appreciates how he handles the situation so maturely considering how he must feel.

But, that's her Raven. Selfless and considerate. She knew that even though he hates his father, he wouldn't disrespect Dominic.

Maybe just because of her. Nevertheless, she's grateful.

The breakfast ended pretty well. At least for her. As soon as her children left, Dominic left as well.

She has no idea what's going on in their life right now, but all she knew that this wouldn't be easy.