50:50 smile

Alyssa took the orange from den's hand and was looking at den confusely, she saw the girl infront of her was smiling  sweetly at her and once again alyssa felt a beat in her heart still that unfamiliar feeling was slowly making her feel uncomfortable.

Aly: Anu 'to? (maikling sabi nito)

Den: duh! eh di prutas yan, baka na kalimutan mo iniwan mo ang orange mo kanina sa cafeteria. as a good student here at Malitia Sky I was kind enough to give it back to you (she said with pride) and....uhm ano....kasi na alala ko hindi ka pa na kapag lunch so baka gutom ka...so yun...(she said shyly with her hands behind her back and was looking down to her feet)

Nag taka naman si aly sa asal ni den, she wasn't lying on the ground pero bakit naman kinakausap ni den ang kanyang sapatos. 

Aly: Salamat.

Den immediately look up when she heard aly thank her, it wasn't the same sarcastic thank you she got earlier it was a bit subtle and sincere enough to be accepted. And how her eyes grew in shocked dahil na kita niya ng madali how aly flash a quick smile to her, it was no a fake smile although it wasn't that real also, siguru it was a 50:50 smile. But den felt her heart rapidly beating and she could feel her cheeks burning. What she was feeling now is something new to her, it's the first time she felt this way, it was still unclear to her why her heart would beat whenever she's infront of kahit tumingin lang ito sa babae sa harapan niya. Na bigla naman si den ng biglang tumalikod si aly sa kanya, at nag umpisa ulit mag lakad. 

"Waah! anu ba ang problema nito? wala man lang form of conversation!?" den said to herself.

Den: Aly teka lang! hintayin mo naman ako!  (while walking behind aly)

Still aly did not mind the girl behind her, she already said thank you to her dahil binalik sa kanya ang orange niya kaninang lunchtime. She even gave a very, well try to give den a smile that was almost sincere but not so real, she was still adjusting kahit si Commander Valdez only saw the real smile and the laughing alyssa only one time  and it was a long time ago, when aly first experience the rain.

Flashback

It was around 4 in the afternoon, and the sky wasn't it's usual sky blue color rather it was gloomy and the breeze filled the atmosphere. Alyssa was 9 years old she was sitting at the garden and was just looking puzzled at the roses she was observing, she was tilting her hear left and right trying to figure out why is it red and the other one white. 

Behind alyssa was a glass sliding door seperated herself from the inside ot the house was the person who took her in. Alyssa heard the door slide and is now starring blankly to the person infront of him with her cold brown eyes. Argos step outside with his hands in his pocket, he look at alyssa and spoke.

C. Valdez: Halika, tingnana natin ma buti ang mga rosas. 

He offered his hand to aly to stand up but alyssa refuse to acknowlegde his helping hand instead stook up on her own  and walk towards the planted roses. When they were infront of it Argos bent down and pick one rose and gave it to alyssa who was now in a quizzical state.