Nightmare or Dream

"Pwede ba tayo mag usap after this?" 

She saw the sadness in her eyes, those warm innocent brown eyes of her's asking just a little time to talk after the mission. Hopeful and confusion her eyes also said, she held her hand with the outmost gentle and sincere touch, but returned to her was just a cold stare and not a utter of words. If only she could have let her lips break free and let her voice be heard but she never did. 

The next thing happened became a nightmare that huanted each one of them especially for her, seeing her just kneeling on the floor with a flow of a burning red dripping from her shoulder but what replayed over and over in her head, that became a nightmare for her, is her warm smile that alyssa gave to her, the touched of her gentle lips on her hand that made her gripped from alyssa's hand fade, which she regrets to ever let her grip became loose.

With confusion in her eyes her smile faded when she heard alyssa said a word that would never change back time.

"I can't"

With the words heard, she jump off, dennise screamed with all her strength, screaming for her to comeback, screaming for her not to go, screaming for her to stay.

"Alyssa!!!!!!!"

And just like that, everything happened so fast, the mere memory imprinted in her head, is her alyssa kneeling on the concrete floor gripping her head looking at the lady in black aiming a gun in front of her head. Seconds later she heard a sound the will echoe in her ears for years to come.

BANG!!!!!!!

She lost her. The talk after the mission never came.

--------

Den: Alyssa!!! (she screamed)

Her hands was shaking, she had tears in her eyes, the pain never left her, the longing for her still lingers in her veins and bones. The room was dark and dennise just woke up to another nightmare. 

Den: it's been a while since I dreamt about you...(tears was already flowing down on her face)

Dennise stood up from her bed, slid in her white slik robe and went out from her room and to her kitchen to get something to drink of water quenching her thrist. Seconds after she then went back to her room, slightly unravel her curtain to see the shining moon from her window, letting it's light shed upon her.

Den: It's been two years ly....I miss you...(she smiled and grab a alyssa's jacket from the side of her bed)

As dennise grab holds of aly's jacket, another tear flowed from her eyes, she gripped the jacket tight, hugging it as if she's embracing alyssa in her arms. Yes, two years had past since that incident, but still dennise could remember that very day as if it was just yesterday.