eighty-one.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER EIGHTY-ONE

olxxxi. chloe stands her ground

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

CHLOE SAT UP in her bed, panting and quickly looking around for her boyfriend. "Lenny?" She called out, confused as to why he wasn't beside her. She then remembered, He's in prison. He can't hold you right now.

Chloe quickly grabbed her sheets, gripping them in her sweaty palms, tears slowly falling down her face and a sob escaping her lips. The woman had what could only be described as a nightmare, even if it was a memory. She could almost feel the scars on her back hurting as if they were reopened.

So Chloe sat on her bed, sobbing quietly to herself at 2 in the morning, wishing Leonard was there to comfort her all because her brother had decided it was an a okay thing to throw him in prison, even if it was the cops that had done the job, Barry handed the man over without a second thought. Not even thinking of how it would affect his sister.

Chloe hadn't hurt like this in a while, she wasn't sure how she had dealt with all her trauma before hand - oh, wait, she hadn't dealt with it before, she acted out in her teen years, she shut everyone out, didn't speak up when something bad happened.

"Fucking Barry." Chloe hissed, throwing off her sheets and pulling on her boots and coat, she needed to get out of her empty apartment. Still quietly weeping, Chloe grabbed her keys and made her way out of her apartment, shutting her door with a loud bang, most likely getting her yet another noise complaint from her neighbors.

The woman was surprised she hadn't been kicked out yet. She grumbled all the way down the stairs, not feeling the need to take the elevator. She passed the lobby, walking out of the building and over to her car that was in the parking lot, quickly getting in and putting her key into the key slot, speeding off.

Of course she stayed in the speed limit, it wasn't like she had anywhere she really needed to be, Chloe was going to STAR Labs, she needed to blow off some stem, maybe break a few things in the training room.

Parking her car in the dark parking lot, she made her way into the building, and quickly storming into the large training room, throwing off her coat and firing up her powers, eyes glowing as her vision was blurred with tears.

She just fired random blasts of electricity at the targets around the room, yelling in anger every time she missed.

She didn't even notice the red and yellow blur that zoomed into the room, staring in shock at his older sister as she cried and fired blasts at random objects in the room instead of the targets set up.