twenty-two.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

oxxii. pissy barry

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

AFTER BEING SPED back to STAR Labs and Chloe announcing she didn't want to ever do that again, even though she most likely would... She set off to find her team. Walking into the cortex she saw Caitlin and Felicity talking, "Hey guys! Guess what just happened?" Chloe called to them.

"What? Did The Arrow actually shoot Barry?!" By Chloes face Felicity immediately exclaimed, "Oh god! He really did?!"

"Yep!" Chloe laughed, before telling them, "Barry's way too cocky."

"Yeah-- We know." Caitlin told her smiling, though slightly worried about Barry being shot. Chloe laughed as she asked, "So what were you chatting about?"

"Well, have you heard of color psychology?" Caitlin asked.

"Yeah. . Why?"

"I was thinking that if Bivolo uses color to induce the temporary psychosis, maybe we can use light and color to reverse it."

"That's a great idea-" Chloe was cut off by a voice. "Miss Smoak, a word, if you please." Dr. Wells called to Felicity. Felicity looked confused but followed after anyways.

"What was that about?" Chloe asked causing Caitlin to shrug and give a face of confusion. After a few minutes of talking to Caitlin, Chloe saw Felicity and Barry walk into the cortex just as a ping went off.

"Hey, we just got a ping from the facial recognition software on Bivolo, AKA, Prism." Cisco announced.

"Nice!" Chloe high fived him.

"Since when do we have facial recognition software?" Caitlin asked Cisco. "Yeah..." Chloe mumbled in agreement.

"Happy Chanukah." Felicity chimed in as Barry and her walked into the cortex.

"I knew it was you!" Chloe shouted making Felicity laugh.

"Where can I find him?" Barry asked as he stood in between Chloe and Cisco. Chloe looked to the computer, "Traffic cameras picked him up as he was entering a residence at..." Chloe trailed off, not being able to see the rest of the address. "-At 168 Jarvis." Cisco told them.

"We should let the Arrow know." Felicity told them.

"I can handle this solo. I've done it before." Barry shrugged her off.

"No- Barry you need The Arrows help. Prism can make you angry somehow and you being angry is not a good thing, you need a clear head!" Chloe exclaimed.

"Barry I really think you need to wait-" Felicity was cut off by Barry, "Felicity, I don't need his help."

"You're just mad 'cause he shot you." Chloe told him but Barry didn't answer and just rushed off his suit now gone. "Stupid motherfucker!" Chloe cursed. "He should've waited for The Arrow! But nooo- Too fucking cocky I guess!" Chloe hissed under her breath. Pissy Barry wasn't pretty. Neither was a pissed off Chloe...

Not even a few minutes later Barry was back and sort of shaken up. Caitlin did an eye scan to make sure Barry wasn't feeling any anger. "No signs of macular damage. Your retina and cornea seem unaffected." Caitlin told Barry.

"I told you, I'm fine." Barry told the team.

"You said Bivolo whammied you. No desire to MMA on any of us?" Felicity asked Barry.

"No." Barry shook his head.

"Are you sure?" Chloe questioned, eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah, I mean something weird happened with his eyes for a split second." Barry told them.

"Weird thing?" Both Chloe and Caitlin questioned.

"Yeah- Everything went red."

"You were right." Felicity told Caitlin.

"Okay, next thing you know, Bivolo was gone." Barry told them walking out into the cortex, "Look, obviously his powers didn't work on me, so..." He trailed off.

"It was stupid for you to go out there alone! You take too many risks. As fast as you are, that's going to catch up with you." Caitlin exclaimed worried for Barry.

"Caitlin, I'm not Ronnie! You gotta stop treating me like I am." Barry snapped at Caitlin. Chloe glared at him as Caitlin looked shocked.

"You can't fucking say that, Barry!" Chloe hissed at him, standing by Caitlin. "What the hell is wrong with you to think that's okay?!" Chloe demanded, her eyes narrowed harshly into a glare as she frowned.

Barry didn't answer as Caitlin told him, hurt, "You're right. You're not." Before walking away.

Barry sighed as Felicity watched the whole encounter shocked.

"Barry, I love you, I do- But you have to shut your fucking mouth once and awhile!" Chloe seethed, Barry may be her brother, but that was a low blow.

"You can't bring up someone's dead fiancée!" Chloe hissed again, her eyes narrowed, "Especially like that!"

Barry seemed to ignore her - it was as if she wasn't even there to him - looking to Felicity and asking, "What?"

"You are such a loveable dummy." Felicity told him crossing her arms while Chloe still glared; Though her brows were furrowed and her face was falling slightly. Barry usually never ignored her. And that stung a little bit.

Barry phone vibrated in his pocket him picking it up, "It's Oliver- He wants to have another session." He didn't sound so excited.

"I'm sure he's not gonna shoot you again." Felicity told him as Chloe said, "As fun as it was last time, I'm not coming while you're like this." She gestured to Barry, before walking away and into the hallway, sighing as she put her head against the wall.

What the hell just happened? Chloe asked herself. I need a drink. Chloe thought as she grabbed her keys from her pocket and walked out of STAR Labs, getting into her car and driving home. She didn't know what she was in store for when she got home.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

AUTHORS NOTE | word count : 906

oof

You're either in for a treat or in for an awful timing on my part either way it makes sense to me lol....

Just wait-

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛