thirty-nine.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

oxxxix. hartley rathaway makes a return

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

THE NEXT DAY Chloe walked into Dr. Wells' home with Barry and Joe, a bunch of cops and cop cars sitting outside and around the property.

"Come in." Dr. Wells greeted the three.

"Are you okay?" Chloe asked, knowing something had happened the night before.

"I'm fine, Ms. Allen." Before turning to Joe, noticing the sour expression on Chloes face, she never really liked being called Miss. "Look, Joe, I apologize for all of this. It just- It really feels like a case of so much for so little." He told the Detective, wheeling around and going forward.

"The police should not have been called. I got a prank call before all of this happened." Dr. Wells informed the three, them following into the room of where this "prank" had happened.

"This feels like more than just a prank, Doctor." Joe said to him as Chloe let out a low whistle. "Some prank." She let out as she looked at all the shattered glass.

"Well, there are those who feel I didn't suffer enough for the Particle Accelerator explosion of last year, and some of them act on it."

Chleo heard clicking of feet as Caitlin and Cisco rushed in, "Dr. Wells. Dr. Wells are you okay?" Caitlin asked worried.

"Dr. Snow, I'm- I'm fine. A little chilly." He joked, "Otherwise, I'm fine. Hello, Cisco." He greeted Cisco, "Make yourselves at home as best you can. I'm gonna make a hotel reservation." With that Wells wheeled away. Cisco let out a laugh, "Oh. . This place is so sick."

"Yeah it really is-" Chloe agreed looking around.

"Yeah... hey, what took you guys so long?" Barry asked the two.

"We got lost." Cisco admitted.

"We've never been here before." Caitlin shrugged, as Chloe hummed, "The only reason I made it here is because I followed you and Joe."

"Really? Never?"

"He tends to keep his private life private."

"Well, that's something Dr. Wells and I have in common." Chloe mumbled.