Chapter 28 - These Rare Moments

Start from the beginning

"Nothing! He offered to take me around the island, but he hasn't shown up." She mumbles without too much concern. Discreetly she glances Tommy's way. She's in denial or doesn't understand what she feels.

Turning, I lay on my back and indulge in the sun. I want to try and spend time with Kat. She is the only single one here. It must suck being amongst so many couples, and I hate the idea of her feeling alone and isolated.

"How does it feel being married?" Kat questions curiously.

My fingers instantly start to play with my rings, "It hasn't sunk in yet. Maybe it will, after the Italian wedding," with those words leaving my lips, nausea surfaces. "Oh God,"

"What's wrong," She tilts her head to face me.

"I barely got through the Greek wedding, and that was just family and friends. How am I going to get through the Italian one?" I rub my face with frustration. Why am I getting so anxious? He is already my husband!

Lowering her shades, she rolls her eyes, "You'll be fine."

Her words are not comforting and do nothing to ease me. The Italian wedding has a guest list of a thousand people. Morelli's close business partners, government officials from across the States and Europe will be attending amongst other mafia groups. How am I going to get through that night?

Blowing a breath, my features scrunch together at the sun's loss as a shadow covers me.

"What the hell?" Kat blurts and turns around.

"Kalispera - good afternoon." Elias greets with a smile.

He's an attractive man, dark features, sharp jawline. His hair is long enough to be tied up. Although he seems nice, I don't pick him for Kat's type. I feel that heart of hers skips beats for someone else. However, that someone else is currently luring a local girl.

I swear I want to storm over to him and hit him over the head.

My lips pull into a tight line as Kat, stunned, waves meekly. Humming, she's confused. I guess he hasn't stood her up after all.

"Den argises ligo? - Aren't you a little late?" Her unimpressed and edgy voice has him nodding with disappointment.

"Den eicha to tilefono soy - I didn't have your phone number." Squatting, he looks at her, apologetically, "Signomi - sorry."

I nudge her arm and help things along, "Einai eleytheri, apla min argiseis xana - She's free, just don't ever be late again," I inform.

I need Kat to get out and meet people. I'm not sure that I trust Tommy with her. The man is vocal about wanting a different meal each time and doesn't want to be tied down. Maybe a little jealousy will give him the push that is needed. Kat lets out a defeated breath, glancing once more towards Tommy, her features drop with disappointment. Elias helps her to her feet, and she throws on her shorts, sliding on her sandals.

"Entaxei, pame - okay, let's go," she smiles sweetly. Interlocking arms with him, he leads the way. Before she takes a seat on his motorcycle, he helps her with the helmet. Tommy noticing the two and lifts his head evidently. There is no mistake; he's looking in their direction. From this angle, I can see his jaw twitch and those hands of his ball into fists. Noticing my stare, he relaxes quickly and returns to the conversation in front of him.

Shaking my head at his stupidity, I divert my eyes to Nathan as he runs in my direction, all wet and sandy. Opening my arms, the silly boy jumps into them. His thighs are coated with sand. Placing a kiss on his head, he giggles.