•Interrupted•

Duncan's POV:

I really want to kiss her. Her beauty, her humour, her brains, her kindness, just her tugs every single heartstring I own. I notice her chest contracting from her heavy breathing, it feels so good to always have her react like this towards me. And now I feel my heart pumping again, but I'm going to ignore it. She is the one. I may have power over her, but she has so much more power over me, so much more than she or I or anyone could ever imagine. I pull her delicate head towards me...

TAP! TAP! TAP!

She jumps and holds her chest, panting from the shock. I close my eyes and think about every possible way I could kill whoever tapped on my window at this specific time. Why now?! I turned around and was met by Jess, gesturing for me to get out. I huffed and looked at Angelica's little childish smile. Her happiness, actually causes me to be happy too, only in the inside of course though.

'I'll be back in a sec.' I inform Angelica, playfully winking at her in the process. I open the door and shut it behind me.

'Great timing. What you want?' I sarcastically ask Jess. She really knows how to get on my nerves sometimes.

'I'm sorry. Just so you know, she has never had her first kiss or a boyfriend. If you hurt her, you'll be sorry, and you know what I'm capable of.' she said trying to be tough. She doesn't look tough, but she is right, I do know how powerful she is.

'You done?' I question, rolling my eyes. Just if she knew how I felt about Angelica, she'd understand how I wouldn't hurt even an atom on that perfect, precious being. I start to turn around and put my hand on the handle.

'Duncan... that's not what I wanted to talk to you about. There's a problem... down under. We have to leave immediately. What should we tell Angelica? I'm not lying to her, not again.' She whispered. She's so stressed, I need to calm her down and help her.

'We are going to say there's a family emergency. It's not a lie, but we just can't go into details. Alright?' I persuade her, allowing her to sigh with relief. Either way, this is still the worse timing for all of this to happen. I open the car door and sit down with the door open so Jess can listen.

'I'm sorry love, I really am. But there's a family emergency, once again. And Jess has agreed to help me this time. So hopefully it's over and done with quicker than expected. Me and her both have to leave right away so I'll drop you off home.' I explain, watching the disappointment show through. I really wish I didn't have to, but it's my duty, stuff like this occurs too frequently for my liking though. I gesture for Jess to hop in the back and she does.

'Ed's already making his way there.' she informs me while putting her seatbelt on. I glance over at Angelica and I can tell she wants to ask questions, but she just isn't. Why is that? I know she's a curiosity monster; why isn't she bothered? and then her mouth opens.

'Am I allowed to know what is going on? or not yet?' she asks, so innocently.

'I'm sorry Angel, not just yet. When you find out, you'll be thankful we kept this from you for the time being.' I answer. This kills me, I want to tell her everything. Maybe she's better off without me? I might her in danger. But I want her. I need her. I crave her. We get to hers and she gets out and turns to us with a fake smile. I know her too well now.

'Bye, be safe.' she comments, waving and now walking away. I watch her in the wing mirror, making sure she gets in safely. Jess then climbs to the front seat, rubbing her shoes all over my precious Jeep.

'You couldn't have just got out like a normal person, could you?' I ask, huffing after. I'm going to have to clean that when I get back. She just smiles at me, but then the realisation of what she's doing here suddenly hits her like a sack of bricks.

'Loki and Simon are starting an attack. They are doing their usual thing, but this time they have a proper army. It's bad Duncan. We need as many people as possible.' She familiarises me with the situation, trying to not look scared. I just nod in response and get start to drive off. We just need as much help as possible and we'll be fine, I hope. I drive to the gazebo, where I took Angelica, and we notice Ed waiting for us.

'You all ready?' Ed rhetorically asked, gripping Jess' hand into his. I huff and grab Ed's and Jess' free hands. We close our eyes then we start to chant:

Necesse est nobis fugere altiorem. Currus deducere.

I open my eyes and they are struck with rays of light. I hate this place so much. I turn around and get back into my car. They follow.

'We need a plan. We can't just run in and hope for the best.' I suggest, keeping my eyes on the road.

'We'll talk to my father. We all need to work together for this.' Ed states. He's right, I hate that he's right. I just nod. I look in my driving mirror and I see them hugging and reassuring each other. I miss Angelica so much.

I keep driving down the path until we are met with the castle. Heavens gate, truly magnificent. We all get out and I open the boot, to get all of our battle equipment, but there was something, that's not supposed to be in there.