•Loki•

(Picture above is Loki)
Duncan's POV:

I pulled up and I saw Angelica talking to a man. She waved at me and then he turned around. It can't be. I clenched my fists and my jaw in disbelief, she could tell I was not happy. However, Loki found this really amusing. I got out and slammed my car door.

'Hey Duncan, it has been such a long time.' He said evilly grinning the whole time and went in to hug me. Without hesitation, I pushed him away.

'I'd rather it stayed that way. Get lost Loki.' I firmly said while guiding Angelica back into her house.

'Duncan? What are you doing? He's the new kid in our Biology class.' She informed me tugging on my arm.

'Oh really? So you've followed me here too?! Don't you dare come near Angelica again, you hear me?!' I started to shout, causing the neighbours attention to focus on me. I seriously couldn't care less, he's not going to hurt her too.

'Alright, alright. Geez, calm down. You're acting like I've killed your whole family!' He said chuckling to himself. He then walked off and I didn't stop staring at him until he was gone.

'I'm so sorry Angelica, it's just that he's bad news alright? And now he knows where you live. This is bad. Very bad.' I started to panic. He's going to hurt her too, I can feel it. I can't let that happen.

'Duncan? I'm going to be fine, okay?' She whispered pulling herself into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her. I didn't want to ever let go, this is where I am at my happiness. With her. I grabbed her cheek and made her face me.

'He's just dangerous. I know what he does to people, just for fun too. Promise me Angelica, that you'll try your best to avoid him. Please.' I don't say please a lot, but this time I really meant it. I looked into her sweetly intense, confused eyes while she looked into mine.

'Hmm... I don't know Lucy, he's quite good looking. Maybe I'd like to get to know him and see where that takes us.' She said giggling and winking at me. I let out a quick grin, but I need her to be serious. At least this once. I can't have anything bad happen to her.

'Promise?' I asked seriously.

She grabbed my hand and wrapped her small pinky round mine.

'I promise Duncan. I pinky promise that I'll try my very best to avoid him. For you.' She started to blush so I pulled her head into my chest and hugged her even tighter. My heart feels like it's about to break through my chest. How does she have this ability on me? Wait... hold up. Is my heart... pumping?! I lightly let go of her out of shock. She looked up at me concerningly.

'Was... was my heart just pumping?' This is impossible. She just smiled at me.

'Of course it was silly. You wouldn't be alive if your heart wasn't pumping. Are you sure you're smart?' She giggled while snuggling her head back into my chest. Just if she knew. I can't tell her, she'd be put into even more risk. I need to keep my distance from her.

'Are we just going to do this until you have to go?' She asked.

'I don't know, this is really comfortable.' I did not just say that. I literally just decided that I needed to keep my distance from her?! What's happening to me?

'But I need to pee.' She shyly looked up at me and I grinned.

'I'll let you off this once.' I said, slowly let go of her and moving a strand of hair out of her face. She turned round and skipped up the stairs. Her phone was on the table so I quickly picked it up but it's locked. What could it be? What's the chance on it spelling Jess? I typed in:

5377

And we are in. Too easy Angelica. I go to her contacts, find Jess, send it to myself and delete the message. I got rid of the tabs, locked her phone up and put it back. Just in time. She's back, I looked down at my phone and got rid of the notification.

'What do you want to do? I have to leave at 11:30 latest.' I asked.

'Can we just go for a drive please? And that's perfect timing, Jess will be back around 12.' She asked sweetly, as usual. Being sweet was just in her nature.

'Of course love. Can I just use your toilet quick? Please?' I asked.

'As you asked ever so nicely... nope.' She said giggling. Her laugh is so gorgeous and perfect. It's not too loud or annoying at all. It's just, right.

'Up the stairs to the left.' She instructed. I did as she said, locked the door and sat on the toilet lid. I know for a fact Jess still has my number, she's always prepared. Should I tell her about my heart pumping? No, she won't care. I took my phone out, clicked on Jess' number and started to type:

I know you don't want to hear from me, but I need you to keep a closer eye on Angelica. Loki came to visit and he's the new kid at school. I fear he's planning something. Just make sure Angelica's safe at all times.

I reread what I typed. It makes me sound like I'm in love with Angelica or something. Which I'm not! I physically can't feel love. I deleted what I wrote and sent instead:

Me: Loki came to visit Angelica, and he's the new kid at school. Keep an eye out for her.

I'm going to have to get all this family stuff sorted ASAP. I need to be in school everyday to make sure she's safe.

I flushed the toilet, pretended to wash my hands and walked out. She was just there, waiting for me, like a delicate dandelion. How can someone I haven't even known for a week, impact me this much?