•What are we?•

Duncan's POV:

She's just standing there, with her jaw wide open. She must not get this often, because this is basically nothing. I didn't buy her anything luxurious or expensive? I guess, she just appreciates the gesture.

'Did you decorate too?' She asked in a slightly emotional voice.

'Just for you Angel.' I replied. It's just my personal gazebo, I come here to think and get work done sometimes but this time it's to cheer her up. So I did it up properly.

I made a picnic (it had a variety of sandwiches, fruits, chocolates and crisps), and then I tied multiple balloons around. Women like that, yeah? I'm not use to doing this kind of stuff, so I was worried she wouldn't like it. I'm so relieved she does. I can't pretend I have no emotions towards her anymore, it's too obvious now. I'll just have to make sure she's protected at all times.

I turn to face her and tears are sliding down her cheeks. I didn't say anything, I just pulled her in and kissed her forehead.

'It's okay Angel. Please just try to enjoy it.' I said to her in my comforting voice, probably not that comforting but oh well. She pulls her hand up to wipe her tears away then snuggles her head into my chest. I don't think the gazebo is my number 1 happy place now, I think... being in her arms is. No. No. Don't be ridiculous. That's too cheesy.

Her heart is pumping so fast and forcefully into me. Is she scared? Is she upset? Is she happy? There's too many emotions in the world, I wish people just had what they were feeling on their forehead or something. Life would be so much easier. Wait, it's not just her heart that's bumping like that. My... my heart is pumping again. This time quicker and with more power. This can't be real. Out of shock I let go suddenly, again.

'Umm... why don't we go eat before we have to go?' I recovered while guiding her up the steps and onto the floor.

'I'm sorry, I should of got chairs or something.' I apologised while opening up the picnic basket.

'No, it's fine. It's nice to just chill like this. Lucy, I'm so thankful for all of this and everything else you've done for me. Like the Mr. Stenzel situation. I've never met anyone quite like you.' She said with a massive smile. Is she really that happy? Maybe she does like me? No, impossible. I'm me and she's her. It could never happen. I thought to myself while I passed her a sandwich.

'Thank you. Are you like this with all girls?' She asked seriously.

'Yeah because I'm a complete charmer.' I answered sarcastically putting my hand on hers, causing her skin to get goosebumps, I love the reaction she gets from my touch.

'No, I'm not like this with all girls, because most girls aren't like you Angelica. It's not easy for someone to catch my eye.' I said in a more serious tone.

'Oh... umm... really... well... thank you. You aren't like any girl I've met before either.' She giggled. I gave her a quick smirk. All was going great, until one sound ruined it all. Ring! Ring! My phone. Are you serious?

'I'm sorry I have to take this.' I said to Angelica before standing up and waiting outside the gazebo. I noticed she was still eating when I left. I guess it's true, one way to a girls heart is through their stomach.

'Make it quick.' I ordered my personal assistant.

'There's a situation. It's to do with Loki and...'

'I'm on my way. I'll call you later for details.' I interrupted and then ended the call. Why now? I was having such a good time with her, I was actually getting somewhere?! I rolled my eyes, looked into the sky and huffed. This isn't fair on her or on me, and now I've got to break the news to her. Great.

'Lucy? What's up? Is something wrong?' I heard her shout. Is she actually concerned? Or is she just a distraction?

'I'm sorry love. Family emergency. Is it okay I take you back? We can finish this another day.' I said walking back picking the picnic up.

'Don't be sorry, I hope you sort it out. Thank you so much for today and I'd love to finish it another day.' She said with a smile, possibly fake, while picking up decorations and putting it in the boot of my Jeep. We both get in and I start to drive her home.

'At least I forgot to wear makeup today, I'd have black all down my face.' She said giggling, trying to lighten the mood.

'You don't need makeup. You're stunning either way.' I said, without a smile while I concentrated on the road.

'You don't need makeup either Lucy. You're naturally beautiful.' She said with a massive grin on her face.

'I'll kick you out while driving, don't tempt me.' I said smirking.

'You wouldn't dare.' She continued. She's absolutely right. I'll never harm an atom on that girl, and that's a fact and she knows it. I pull up into her drive, I quickly get out and lock her in. She looks through the windshield with a confused stare.

I take my time while walking to her side of the car and I can tell she finally understood what I'm doing, as she slumps back in the chair while scrunching up her nose. I unlock the doors and put my hand out for her. She rolls her eyes at me but still takes me hand with a massive smile on her face.

'That's the way you deserve to be treated, and so much more.' I said pulling her into a hug.

'Be safe Angel, I'll message you when I can.' I kissed her forehead and let go, guiding her to her front door. She opens the door, turns around and jumps on me with her arms around my neck.

'Thank you so much for everything you've done for me, and we haven't even spoke for a week yet!' She exclaimed with a kiss on my cheek.

'I hope you sort out your emergency, be safe Lucy. Bye!' And then she was gone.

I walk away, take out my phone and call my personal assistant.

'Details.' I commanded.

'Loki has Jess. He wants to make a deal...'