•Location 3.141•

Duncan's POV:

No! No! No! This can't be true!

'Are we certain he has Jess?!' I said aggressively getting into my Jeep.

'Yes sir, we've had insights. He called and wants to "make a deal of a lifetime". I think you should meet me in the penthouse, location 3.141 soon sir. We need to sort this out in person.' He said calmly.

'I'll see you then.' I said and then ended the call. I know what I need to do.

I drivd to the location, hop out and jog into the penthouse. I'm suddenly hit with the sight of all of my staff on the floor, tied up. Most are alive, but some are dead. And then I noticed Jess, she's been beaten and is currently knocked out. She looks bad. I'm going to kill him.

'The hell happened here.' I shouted, to get his attention. Then he walked out from around the corner. How long has he been waiting there for?

'You're an idiot. You can't do anything about this. You couldn't then, and you can't know.' He said with an evil cackle, pointing a gun up at me. He's only about 5 metres away, he could easily kill me. So I put my hands up, surrendering, while clenching my fists. What if I actually can't do anything, again. I look over at Jess, but she's woken up this time. Her eyes widened when she recognised me. I have to save her.

'What's this "deal of a lifetime" you mentioned?' I asked in a serious but aggressive tone.

'You can have all your staff, apart from the dead ones obviously, and Jess be safe. I won't touch them again. All you have to do is come with me, back down under and then you'll be given to Mr. Simon Honour.' He says enjoying it, a bit too much for his own good. I just stare into his eyes lifelessly.

'Do you really think I care, about the lives of these humans? And Jess? I seriously couldn't care less. Have your fun.' Everyone around me, including Loki's, eyes widened. They think they are going to die. I unclench my hand, causing smoke to spread everywhere (smoke bomb) and so I ran into him, knocking him to the floor. I sat on top of him, pinning his arms down while head-butting the daylights out of him. I've missed this.

The smoke starts to disappear, and then I notice all of my staff hovering over me and him, surrounding us. I snatch someone's gun from their hands, point it to his head and then BANG! He's gone. For now. I go over to Jess, and untie her. Her eyes are still filled with fear and tears.

'Jess, you're safe now. I'll take you back to Ed.' I reassure her, but she's still got the same emotion.

'Ed's dead, Loki killed him. He made me watch. I can't live on without him.' She bawled. I stroke her head and stand up.

'Where's his body?' I ask. She didn't reply, she just pointed to the other side of the corner. He was shot in the head. That must have been a horrible sight for Jess to witness. I take out my black onyx and hover it over the his face, chanting:

Edward Juniper et juxta condictum revertar.

He suddenly shot up, gasping for air.

'Ed, your fine. I brought you back, go to Jess.' I said helping him up. She must have heard our footsteps as she looked up from her face in her palms.

(Picture above is Jess at the moment)

She went to jump up but couldn't, from how weak she is. So Ed dropped to the floor and pulled her into a massive, meaningful hug.

'Jess, you're safe now. I'm back. We are all safe now because of Duncan.' He reassured her, mouthing "thank you" to me with tears forming in his eyes. They really love each other, will I ever have that? Stop! I don't need that, love is weak anyway. I leave to give them space and to bring some of my staff back to life too. When I helped everyone out, I went back to Jess and Ed.

'I'm going to take you both back to my safe house, you'll have some staff there to help you both recover as soon as possible. I will provide all your necessaries.' I commanded lifting Ed up to his feet, putting his arm round my shoulders, then picking Jess up into my arms. Her eyes still showed heartache but also showed some kind of affection, but she still didn't say a word. I think she feels safe now, I place her in a back car seat, buckle her in, and guide Ed to the other. I go to my side and get in.

'Jess, I think you should message Angelica saying something like you're ill, with food poisoning from your Chinese last night, to make sure she's not worrying.' I informed while giving them their phones back that I took from Loki's pocket. I start to drive and notice she does as I say, emotionlessly, leaning on Ed. That experience has affected her, for the long term. She's going to need all the love she can get.

'Thank you, how did you know we were there?' She asked putting her phone in her pocket. I looked in my driving mirror and noticed Ed is asleep (dying and coming back to life is a tiring process so I don't blame him).

'Pie is my safe word. Anything associated with P-I-E or P-I means they're in trouble. My personal assistant said "Location 3.141".' I answered, concentrating on the road. Then we sat there silent for about 5 minutes, which wasn't awkward, just respectable.

'I didn't think you'd actually come.' She said gloomily. Does she actually think that low of me? Seeing her in pain, caused so much rage in me. How does she not see this?

'I know I'm hard to deal with, but I will always try my absolute best for you. You are family after all...'