•Mail•

Angelica's POV:

Jess still isn't home, it's 1pm. She's never late, and she'd most likely message me if she was going to be. Somethings wrong. Maybe she's lost track of time? Maybe she's hurt? I was about message to see if she's okay but then:

Jess: Hey Angel, I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting. Me and Ed have been asleep all day as we are really ill, we think it may be food poisoning from the Chinese we had last night. I'll be staying here until I'm better. Maybe you could have Duncan round ;) xx

Me: Oh no, that's horrible. I'm just glad you're safe. I was thinking about every single bad scenario that could have happened aha! I hope you both get better soon. And he has a family situation at the moment, so I don't want to bother him xx

I wish he didn't have family issues, we could spend so much more time together. But at least he sorts it out, many people run away from difficult situations and responsibilities. Not him. Wow, I really think so highly of him.

Lucy ☘️: Family emergency over. Want to carry on what we were doing?

Me: Really? That was fast. I'm happy it's over. Want to finish it off at mine? Jess is ill so she won't be back for a while.

Lucy ☘️: I'd love to. I'll be there in 30-40 mins. See you soon love xx

Me: Okay, see you soon xx

Have we got something? Does he like me? He always puts kisses on the end of his last messages. He must feel something. Or am I just being used? To get closer to Jess? No. No. He wouldn't of done all of this for me, just to get closer to Jess. Or would he? I need to stop overthinking and just enjoy myself. It's not very often I get treated like this.

I put some music on and start to tidy. Music makes me so happy, so happy that I start to sing and dance (embarrassing I know, but it's fun). And then I stumble upon the letter I got earlier from Loki. I stop the music, open it up and it says:

Angelica Bertha Dove,

You don't know anything about the people you are surrounded with. They all have their secrets. Eve Serpent, Duncan Lucifer Hatcher, Edward Juniper and most of all Jessica Honour. I understand you probably don't believe me. Just keep an eye out, maybe do some investigation. When you believe me, write me back. Send it to the school, with the word HM on the front. Hope to hear back from you soon.

What does this mean? I don't care about Eve's secrets, or even Ed and Duncan's. But Jess. No, this can't be true. Jess tells me everything. I start to concentrate on the word "HM". What could that mean? And he wants me to send it to the school? As I start to really think, a knock on the door makes me scream.

'Angelica? Are you okay?' I heard from outside the door. It was Duncan.

'Yes, I'm fine. You just scared me that's all.' I said hiding the letter underneath the sofa and opening the door. I awkwardly give him a smile and motioned my hand to let him know he can come in.

'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I've got the picnic stuff again.' He apologised while shyly smiling with the basket lifted up. I looked into his eyes and happily huffed.

He's too caring to be any threat to me. I just need to forget about that letter, whoever it is, they are just trying to cause drama. And it won't happen. He looks at me confused because I haven't said anything for a while. I just walk up to him and hug him. He wraps his arms around me in a bear-like but affectionate manner, his presence just makes me feel so warm and safe. We walk in, place the basket on the table and sit on the sofa.

'Do you want to watch a film?' I asked.

'Do whatever you want.' He said pulling me into a hug. I lied on his chest while putting a film on. We watched and talked for about half an hour, but I couldn't get the letter off my mind. It wouldn't hurt to investigate a little?

'Do you want to talk about your family problems? I've had my own so I understand and maybe I could help?' I asked, looking deeply into his eyes for answers.

'No.' He said bluntly, without turning to look at me. This really hurt.

'It's not good to bottle it up. I learnt that the hard way. Can't you just briefly tell me a little bit? I told you about my stuff.' I asked again.

'No.' He repeated. Maybe he doesn't trust me enough yet? Or thinks I'll tell Jess? Or maybe it's a lie? Like the letter says. I just huffed and moved away a little.

'I'm sorry. I just want to help, and I want to get to know you. It's difficult when you don't let me in.' I apologised, now watching the film. We were silent for about 5 minutes, which felt like an eternity.

'The scar on my neck is from my dad. He was abusive. My mum died young. The family stuff I have to deal with, is just me sorting out my uncle. I basically work against him. No more questions now please.' He answered emotionlessly. Wow, he seriously opened up. I hugged him tighter, as tight as I possibly can.

'It'll all be okay soon. I can feel it.' I reassured him. I could feel his face slightly smirking. I did it. He trusts me. Even if it's a little bit. I kiss his cheek and curl up into him.

The rest of the afternoon was perfect. We ate, we spoke, we laughed and I slept on the sofa. Next to him. With his arm around me. It couldn't get much better than this.