•King of demons•

Duncan's POV:

That son of a... he told Angelica about her?! I can't believe it. I don't know what to say.

'Did you love her?' She asked, with concern in her voice. I wonder how much Loki said. I can't tell her everything, she'll be put into too much harm.

'Yes, I did. Very much. What else did Loki say?' I asked while sitting down next to her. I tried to be as emotionless as possible but this was difficult. Carla was... very special to me. Angelica then backed away, she's now scared of me. Great. She thinks I'm going to hurt her. I would never.

'You... You killed... her?' She asked shakily. No. No. No. She wasn't supposed to find out this way. What am I going to do? Well, I can't lie to her now. She might as well know. Maybe she'll still like me after? Maybe she'll understand?

'Yes, but...' I started to explain, but I was interrupted as she got up to leave.

'No! Angelica, let me explain! Please!' I shouted while jogging up to her and grabbing her arms.

'Get off me! You're a murderer!' She yelled, yanking herself away from me. She was the only thing left in my life that made me happy, but Loki had to ruin it. Like he's ruined everything else that I've ever loved. I just stood there, watching the fear overcome her. There's nothing I can do to stop it. I can't live on with this. I looked at her in the eyes, opened the door and watched her run out. What's the point of staying here now? There's nothing here for me anymore.

Me: I'm leaving. Look after her. I won't be back. Leave the key with my assistant.

And I locked my phone. I left the building, I left the school grounds and I left town. It's the best decision, she'll be safe now. Yes, my cold dead heart is even more dead now, but so what? I'm Duncan Lucy Hatcher... I mean Duncan Lucifer Hatcher. Wow, I can't even get my own name right. This is a nightmare, I'm going to be gone a while if I can't even say my frickin full name properly without thinking about her.

I'm glad I have my Jeep, driving allows me to think about everything properly. As I park up, my phone pings:

Jess: What do you mean you're leaving? Where are you going? What's happened? Are you okay?

Me: I'm fine. Don't try find me. Keep her safe.

And I throw all my loose items and my jacket into the boot, lock it and walk inside the building.

'Yo Hatcher! What you doing here?' I heard I voice say and then I spot him.

'Why else would I be here? The all mighty Lucifer is back!' I exclaimed pulling him into a bro-hug.

'Sign yourself up over there, you'll get the action you're looking for soon enough.' He instructed pointing over to a table. Parker Hammons, he owned all of this, and he's one of the only mortals I can actually tolerate. Him... and her. I shake my head, walked over to the table but the mans eyes working at the table were frozen in shock on me. He didn't even ask my name, he just put me down. Man, I love having this power and reputation.

'Mate, who's on tonight?' I said emotionlessly, as usual. He didn't say word, just turned a piece of paper with a few names on towards me. I read through the names, and none of them actually gave me the adrenaline I'm craving right now. And then, I saw her name... Jess Honour. Crap. She knows me too well.

I turn around and scan the crowded room in search of her. There she was, at the bar. I storm over, parting the sea as I went through everyone.

'What the hell are you doing here?' I asked in an aggressive but serious tone.

'I think we should talk more about you. Why are you here Duncan?' She asked, turning round to face me intensely. Does she actually worry about me? Does she actually care?

'Loki told Angelica about... Carla. She thinks I'm a murderer and wouldn't let me explain. There's no point being there anymore. I might as well go back down.' I answered, not looking her in the eyes, because I know she'll try get more out of me.

'You really like her, huh? Do you actually know nothing about operation umbrella?' She asked. Yes, I really, really like her but I can't let anyone else I care about get hurt. And operation umbrella? The heck is that?

'I've already put you and Ed in danger. Not again. And I know nothing of operation umbrella. Hells honour.' I replied, now looking at her. Maybe she doesn't want me dead? I don't know, she's too complicated.

'I'm gonna take my name off, let you have your fun. While you do that, I'll explain the situation to Angelica. Come into school tomorrow.' She instructed while finishing her drink and getting up.

'Be safe.' She finished before leaving.

'You too.' I responded. She's got so much power over me, I don't know how she does it. Most people would be dead by now if they spoke to me like that.

'Next up, we have... The King of Demons!' I heard a loud voice exclaim. I hop off the stool, walk over to the ropes and climb over it. I take my top off and place my arms in the air. The cheers and the roars of my name could nearly deafen me. I've missed this so very much.

Time flew past, as everyone that was thrown at me, I defeated. Colossus, Typhoon, Mayhem, Bounty Hunter, Nightmare, Painkiller and even Cockroach, couldn't even give me a fight worth fighting for. I was getting bored.

'We have our last contender, they arrived late but they're the only one left that's actually brave enough to go against The King of Demons! Let's give it up for... Pretzel Stenzel? Yeah I don't know either guys. Sorry! I thought this one was going to be good too.' He tried to explain over the booing. Pretzel Stenzel? Seriously?! It's our old biology teacher?! He could barely climb over the ropes, his face enraged me. This, this is how you get your anger out. By beating the crap out of the one that tried to hurt her. Man, I'm going to enjoy this.