•Jess knows•

(Picture above is Jess)
Jess' POV:

I started hysterically laughing. This girl is so hilarious.

'I swear you get funnier by the day, alright... alright, jokes aside now. Who's the guy?' I said wiping a tear.

'Umm... I wasn't joking. It's Duncan Hatcher. Mr. Mccoin asked us to do a chemistry quiz together soon and I think he might actually do it with me. You'll support me right?' She said looking sadly into my eyes and then at her lap. I can't believe it. Why does he have to do this? He must know she needs to be kept safe. Is he doing it to get to me? What's his plan? Until I find out the answer, I need to support her, she needs to keep her confidence up.

'I'm sorry Angelica. It's just that... he's bad news. I want you to be safe. Promise me, you'll be safe?' I asked gripping her hands even tighter now.

'I promise, Jess. I'm not a child, I can look after myself.' She said but she still looks down.

'Then... I support you... 100%' DID I JUST SAY THAT?! Oh my. Duncan's going to ruin this for all of us. If he hurts a hair on that girl he's dead, I'm not even joking. That's something I support 100%.

'I'm going to go get changed for bed. Is there anything else you want to talk about?' I asked concerningly.

'No, I'm all good. Thank you, it means so much to me. I love you.' She jumped up and hugged me.

'I love you too, I'm going to get changed, call Ed quick and then we can Netflix and Chill.' I said winking and then giggling.

'But actually chilling, yeah?' She said laughing.

'Your choice babe.' I shouted and laughed from my room before shutting the door. I could still hear her laughing. I'll always support her, if she thinks that what's best for her. I quickly got dressed into my pyjamas and called Ed.

'What's up Jessie Bear?' Ed said soon answering the phone.

'You know I hate that name.' I said rolling my eyes and giggling.

'Okay so you know I was telling you about me thinking Angelica had a crush? Well I was right. But it's not the new kid. It's Duncan.'

'Hold up... Duncan Hatcher?!'

'Yes Ed. He's going to mess this up for us. I bet he's doing this on purpose. I tried to talk her out of it but she's too happy right now. So I'm supporting her until she sees his true self. She'll have to learn the hard way, which is the only way for someone to truly learn I guess. She'll come out stronger than before. And it's all part of living I guess.' I said way too quickly, so I stopped to actually breathe.

'Okay, Jess. Calm down. She's going to be fine. Maybe Duncan does actually like her? Maybe he doesn't know about our plan? Remember when your mum thought I was going to use you? And how wrong was he?'

'She was completely wrong. But this is different because I know Duncan.'

'And your mum knew me! I know you've taken the responsibility to be her guardian, so you want what's best for her, but you need to calm down and let her make her own choices Jessie Bear.'

'I know... and what did I say about that name?!'

'I love you Jessie Bear, bye!' And then he ended the call. He can be so annoying, but I'll always love him, with all of my heart. I lied on my bed and calmed myself down, before walking out to see Angelica on the sofa dozing off with Netflix on the tv and a box of popcorn on her lap.

'Angel, you can go to bed if you'd like? We can do this another day?' She jumped up as I scared her.

'No! No! It's just I was comfy and bored waiting.' she said giggling.

'I'm sorry, come on then.' I said jumping next to her and turning the film on.

I woke up to my alarm. 6am. I slowly sit up and stretch. I love the mornings. Everything's so peaceful and relaxing. I stay for a while, taking it all in. Then I get up and go to the bathroom to do my morning routine. I got changed and put my normal light makeup on. Then I went to the kitchen and there she was, sat on the counter.

'Yep, because breaking and entering is legal now. What you want Eve?' I asked coldly.

'I just want to see how my sweetie-pie is.' She said evilly eyeing me up and down.

'Oh, you're looking for your sweetie-pie? Oh, I didn't know you had one, but if you tell me their name maybe I can find them for you?' I said smiling while watching her face drop.

'Ed's mine?!' She said charging towards me. I smoothly grabbed her wrists, turned her round and kicked her out the door. In the process, I took the key from her pocket she made to get in. Where is she getting all of these keys from?!

'Didn't you guys break up like 4 billion years ago? Get over it. Maybe go find yourself a nice psychopath? You'll have a lot in common. If you come back, you'll be sorry.' I shouted while slamming the door.

'Jess? Who was that?' I turned around to see a sleepy and shocked Angelica.

'It was Ed's ex, Eve... again. She's gone now. I'm sorry if we woke you up.' I informed her while walking to the kitchen to make us both breakfast.

'No it's fine, It's a good time to wake up to be fair. I have lots of time to get ready now! I'll talk to you about it over breakfast? when I'm ready.' She said trying to make me feel better and skipping back to her room.

When we sat down to eat, I didn't really feel like talking about it. But Angelica insisted, she claimed it would help.

'It's just difficult. Every time something like this happens, it always makes me feel like I'm not good enough. What if he goes back to her? What if he leave me for anyone? It's scary thinking that one of the people I love so much, could leave me so quickly... I'll stop now. I'm sorry for going on.' I said with a forced smile.

'Jess, you're amazing. And Ed knows that, I'm sure he's never even thought about another girl. You do so much for everyone. You're so funny, kind, smart, gorgeous and more. You need to try and see yourself the way everyone else does.' She comforted me while walking over to hug me. I love her so much.