Chapter 34

The sound of the door opening caught Jennie's attention. "Hello?"

Kuma bounded over to the door as Jennie smiled at the sounds of Rosé's voice. Pushing herself up into a sitting position, Jennie peeked over the back of the sofa, waiting for Rosé and Jisoo to appear at the mouth of the hallway.

"Who's a good boy? Who's my favourite boy," Jisoo cooed to the dog, as she emerged from the hallway. Straightening up, she met Jennie's gaze. "Oh, and you're here too."

"It hasn't even been a minute, that must be some kind of record," Jennie laughed, rolling her eyes as she fell back against the pillows on the sofa.

"How're you doing?" Rosé asked, walking over to the sofa and sitting down next to Jennie's feet.

"She's driving me insane," Jennie hissed.

"Your mom?" Rosé asked, looking around. "Where is she?"

"Yes! She's in the shower. It's the only time she leaves me alone unless I'm sleeping. It's only been a week and I'm not sure how much longer I can stand it," Jennie whispered loudly.

Jisoo snickered as she walked over to the couch eating some trail mix, having just raided Jennie's cupboards for something to eat. "I can stab you again so you can go back to hospital, if you'd like. At least then she could only see you during visiting hours," Jisoo offered as she grinned at Jennie.

"That's probably the nicest thing you've ever said to me," Jennie said.

"So was that a yes?" Jisoo asked, pulling a switchblade out of her pocket and flicking it open. "Where to? The same side?"

"What the fuck, Jisoo! Why the fuck do you carry knives around with you? Put it away," Jennie told her, looking slightly alarmed at the fact that Jisoo had such easy access with a knife. If there was one person she didn't want to be around knives, it was Jisoo.

"Relax, Kim. I never leave home without a weapon, and that's why I've never been stabbed before," Jisoo smirked, making herself comfortable on the other sofa.

"Sure, because a knife would've helped me defend myself," Jennie said, rolling her eyes.

"So," Rosé said, "are you going to show us your cool scar?" Jennie pulled the blanket off her and pulled down the waistband of her sweatpants. Peeling back the patch, Jennie showed them the angry red line just above her hip.

"Sweet, you'll get all the girls with a nice scar," Jisoo said, and Jennie gave her an exasperated look.

"Yeah, because a new girlfriend is exactly what I'm looking for," Jennie said sarcastically as Jisoo laughed.

"So, how was the holiday?" Jennie asked, sitting upright and putting her feet on the ground. She held back a groan as she tried to push herself up, and was stopped halfway by Rosé, who gently but firmly pushed her back down onto the sofa.

"Where do you think you're going?" Rosé sternly asked her.

"I was going to make us some coffee," Jennie said with a sigh. "I'm not an invalid, Rosé. I don't need you babying me too."

"Well I told my sister that I'd look after you while she's away so how about you sit your ass down and stop trying to do things," Rosé said, getting to her feet.

"Excellent advice," Chaerin's voice came from behind them as she emerged into the kitchen. "Good morning, it's lovely to see you both again. How did you enjoy Italy?"