Rosé looked at her with uncertainty. "You say it won't be expensive because to you it won't be, but I'm not rich, Jennie. I can't afford to buy my girlfriend something that expensive, and I can't expect you to do something like that for her."

"Oh, okay, I see your point. Sorry, I just thought it would be nice for you both," Jennie said.

"It would!" Rosé reassured her. "It's very generous and thoughtful, so thank you. But I can't let you spend that much money on a gift when we can't repay it."

"But I was going to take you to Italy anyway, when Lisa came home. I meant to keep my promise to Jisoo, I just thought that this way, it'd have a meaning to it, and you could have a holiday by yourself," Jennie explained, shrugging slightly. "And I didn't intend for you to repay it. It's not a favour, it's a gift."

"But why?" Rosé asked, laughing quietly.

"Look, to be honest I've never had to buy anyone presents before. Well I have for my family, but only as a child with my parent's own money, so that doesn't count. I don't know what's acceptable. I don't even know how much a banana costs for fuck's sake," Jennie sighed. "You're the only friends I have, which sounds really sad now that I'm saying it out loud, and I think that I should be allowed to spoil my friends, no?"

"That is really sad," Rosé laughed. "But you don't have to spoil friends, you know. That's not what friendship is about. If it means that much to you though... if you're sure, I know she would love it."

"Really? You'll let me?" Jennie asked, blinking in surprise as she smiled widely at Rosé.

"You're acting as if you're the one getting a free trip to Italy," Rosé laughed, reaching out to give Jennie's arm a gentle squeeze. "Thank you. I know she'll love it."

Jennie waved away her thanks, and smiling, she picked up two of the plates and walked back into the living room with Rosé. Just before they walked into the room, Rosé called out to her, and Jennie turned around expectantly.

"How much do you think a banana costs anyway?" she asked Jennie with a smile.

Jennie tilted her head to the side as she considered the question, shrugging slightly as she replied. "I don't know... like seven dollars?"

Rosé's eyes widened and she let out a laugh full of disbelief. "Seven dollars? For one banana? Are you serious?"

"Hey, what's so funny?" Jisoo called as Rosé laughed even harder. The two of them re-emerged into the living room and handed the sandwiches to the other two.

"Nothing's funny," Jennie said defensively as she took in their expectant faces.

"Tell them how much you think a single banana costs," Rosé told Jennie, nudging her slightly.

Rolling her eyes, Jennie blushed slightly. "Well seeing as you're laughing at me, I'm guessing it's not seven dollars?"

"Seven dollars?" Yuri laughed, her eyebrows shooting up as she gave Jennie a look of amusement. "What kind of bananas have you been buying?"

"Okay, okay. I've never done my own grocery shopping. I have no clue how to be a normal person," Jennie sighed, picking up her sandwich and taking a bite to hide her embarrassment. "And you better not say anything or I'm revoking your birthday present."

Jisoo, who was about to make some smart comment or joke, quickly closed her mouth, pressing her lips together. She gave Jennie an innocent look, taking a bite out of her sandwich. "I wasn't going to say anything," she said defensively, "I'm very good at keeping my mouth shut. Remember last time we were here when you ha-"