Chapter 9

Ariana's POV

Waking up, I felt a wave of nausea wash over me. Today was the day I was getting married, and my father was plotting to take me down. Fortunately, Stephen had plans in place to ensure my safety. I dragged myself out of bed and went to the bathroom to go through my hygiene routine.

Afterward, I slipped into my undergarments and donned a silk black robe with "Bride" elegantly embroidered on the back. With my LV slippers on, I made my way to the dressing room.

"Good morning," I greeted everyone.

"Here's some coffee," Sofía said, handing me a steaming cup.

"Thank you, this was much needed," I said with a smile.

"Everything is running on schedule, so there's nothing to be nervous about," she assured me before walking off to get her nails attended to. The room was bustling with activity, filled with nail techs, makeup artists, and hair stylists. My hair and nails were being meticulously worked on, and I was eager to get through this process and proceed to the wedding.

Three Hours Later

I stand before the mirror, my heart aflutter with a whirlwind of emotions. The gown embraces me in all its splendor, the asymmetrical one-shoulder design embracing my form with a graceful allure. Each delicate stitch tells a story of timeless elegance, from the intricate embroidery of pearls, silver sequins, and beads to the enchanting 3D floral lace that adorns the bodice and skirts. As I take in the ethereal beauty, the long train billows behind me like a breathtaking cascade of dreams. The delicate play of light and shadow dances across the intricate details, casting a spellbinding glow that mirrors the radiance in my eyes. With each admiring glance at the reflection before me, I am captivated by the sheer magic of this gown, a stunning manifestation of love and hope.

"You look absolutely beautiful," Sofía said, tears welling in her eyes. This woman had been more of a mother to me than my own ever was.

"Thank you. I'm so nervous," I confessed.

"I know the feeling. Let's get you in the car," she said, helping me out. I was put in a car alone because Sofía didn't trust my family. The ride to the venue was nerve-wracking. So many people were going to be there, including the Mexican Cartel for backup and other important guests. I just wanted to get this over with.

Pulling up to the venue, I was helped out of the car. "All the guests are seated, and Stephen is at the altar," my wedding planner informed me. Everyone got into their places as we entered the venue. The doors opened, and the bridesmaids and groomsmen began their walk down the aisle.

 The doors opened, and the bridesmaids and groomsmen began their walk down the aisle

My father was to walk me down the aisle today. The thought disgusted me, but I had to play along. He didn't say a word to me, and I remained silent as well. To him, this was just business. But to me, it was deeply personal. Very personal. Lost in my thoughts, I almost missed my cue to walk down the aisle.