Chapter 47

Few Months Later

Ariana's POV

I was currently four, going on five months pregnant, and already had a noticeable baby bump. Life in the guest house had become a new normal for me. I had been avoiding Stephen, ensuring he saw the kids but never me. It was a necessary distance; I needed this time to heal and protect our unborn children. Thankfully, I was finally moving out of the extremely high-risk stage of my pregnancy, finding some semblance of peace and stability.

Despite everything, I still managed to help out with the club and our other businesses, trying to maintain a sense of normalcy and purpose. Today, I was in the main house with Sofía, Esperanza, and the kids. We were all gathered in the living room, the atmosphere warm and familial. Carmella was over at Violetta's house, giving me a brief respite from the usual chaos.

The front door creaked open, and I turned to see Stephen stepping inside. My heart skipped a beat, a mix of emotions flooding through me. Without a second thought, I got up and started walking towards the backyard, hoping to avoid a confrontation.

"Ariana!" I heard him yell, his voice filled with desperation. I quickened my pace, my resolve wavering but holding firm. I didn't look back, not wanting to face the torrent of emotions that would come with seeing his face up close.

"Please, Ariana, wait!" he called out, his footsteps growing louder behind me.

I pushed the back door open and stepped outside, the cool air hitting my face. I kept walking, my hands instinctively cradling my growing belly. The garden was a sanctuary, a place where I could find a moment of peace in the midst of turmoil.

Stephen's POV

My mother blocked my path as I tried to go after Ariana. "I don't understand why she doesn't want to speak to me!" I said, frustration bubbling over.

"Esperanza, take the children to the playroom," my mother instructed our nanny. As Esperanza guided the kids upstairs, I continued my rant.

"We are married! We have kids, and she's pregnant! She can't just walk out on me like that!" I yelled, my anger threatening to consume me.

My mother stared at me with a steely gaze before slapping me upside the head. The shock of it momentarily silenced my fury.

"I did not raise you this way! That is your wife! You will show her respect!" she admonished, her voice fierce. "You know damn well why she doesn't want to speak to you. You put her at risk by trying to be secretive! You would think you would've learned something when you saw her hooked to those machines and not breathing on her own! You need to get it together!"

"I'm sorry for the mistake I made. I've tried everything: flowers, cards, gifts, everything! I just want her and the kids back at home," I said, my voice breaking as I sat down, feeling the weight of my failures.

My mother softened slightly, her eyes filled with a mix of disappointment and empathy. "That's up to you to figure out what you're going to do," she said, her voice calmer but firm. She then walked off, leaving me to grapple with my thoughts.

Hours Later

I was at the warehouse, dealing with a debt situation. The dim lights of my office cast long shadows, adding to the tension in the air. "You owe me 10 grand, Carlos. Where's my money?" I demanded, my patience wearing thin.

Carlos stood there trembling, his eyes darting around like a trapped animal. "Man, you have billions of dollars. Why can't you just let 10 grand slide?" he asked, his voice shaking.

"If I let you slide, then everyone else is going to think they can just slide. Now where's my money?" I asked, rolling up my sleeves, feeling the anger simmering beneath my skin.