Chapter 37

~ Violet

I spent all day trying to avoid Sabastian. I'm pretty sure he saw me come in from my patrol last night. Calypso was excited to run, she has been bugging me the past week to stretch out.

My sponsor has had me in dance classes all morning to learn ballroom dancing since we never held any at home. Balls... they're so boring. Every thing about a ball is boring; the music, the food, the people. Uh! I want to bang my head against the wall.

I'm told as the Queen, I'd be attending alot of balls. It's how the royals entertain foriegn guests. So I guess I need to get used to them. I sigh heavily at the thought.

After lunch he has me in the fitting room adjusting my ball gown. He likes to put me in cool colors, dark blues and purple. He says it brings out the color of my eyes.

The dress reminds me of a boucette of flowers. Blue satin dress with purple lace trim and a big purple bow that ties around the waist in the back. The sleeves go to the elbows with purple tassels that hang about two inches. The langth stops an inch from the floor.

There's a ball held tonight as the official opening of round three. I have time to do some work out training with Leo. Then a shower and dinner. Then I have to meet my hair dresser/makeup artist in my room to get ready. Yeah, I'm so excited...not.

~ Prince

I went to the gym after having breakfast with my family. All the preparations for the ball tonight are done. My tuxedo is pressed and my shoes shined. Mother was excited about setting up the decorations and deciding the hors d'oeuvre. I wanted to choose the wine and champagne.

As I work out I think about what I saw last night. That wolf was Violet, I just know it. She denied it after I caught her in the kitchen. I looked for her before I came here but she was with her sponsor. I've got a lot to do so I won't be able to talk with her about it any time soon. 

I need to meet Jack, my personal trainer today. I've been skipping classes to hang out with Dominic or Violet. He's getting upset so I better make it to this appointment. He's supposed to be here any minute.

The door opens and Jack comes in. I set my weight back on the hanger then meet him on the mat.

"So finally we get together", he says in russian.

"Yeah, all these women around these last few weeks have me distracted." I reply.

We start to spare in kick boxing. Although I haven't practiced with him lately, I'm faster and stronger.

"What's happened young master? Have you been practicing with someone else? I can't even get a hit in." He say as I block another spin kick.

I laugh, "No, I would never. Just good teaching I guess."

I fake left, bring a right hook. He blocks but I trip him and he falls on his backside. We spare for another hour before we stop and get a drink. I toss a towel at him after getting one for myself.

"You are doing well, young master. Is there a particular female who has caught your eye?" Jack asks after swallowing some water.

"Well, there is this one. She's a little feisty though, but makes up for it. She's funny and smart and super sexy." I say thoughtfully.

He looks away then back at me, hiding a smile. "Sounds like to me you already made a choice. She sounds like she makes you happy. You look happy. I haven't seen you this way in years. I'm glad. Don't try anything stupid. Woman are a fickle creature. Although they are trying to win your affection, they are dealing with challenges of their own. Keep that in mind." He pats my back and leaves.

I head back to the guesthouse to shower. Violet is in the kitchen making sandwiches for lunch. When I finish my shower she's already gone but left me some sandwiches and chips.

Now I know she's avoiding me, which only confirms my suspicions. I wish she'd let me touch her wolf. It makes me more excited for the day mine will let me shift into his form.

I meet the head server down in the wine cooler after lunch. I chose the Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Romanée-Conti Grand Cru. My parents bought quite a few barrels of it for my birthday, but I chose vodka instead. We also have a few cases of Pol Roger Brut Champagne. I also made sure to have the bar fully stocked for any other taste.

Guest that will be coming are mainly upperclass; alphas and their mates, some higher blood line nobles, and family friends. I don't care much for this crowd myself but I'm told this is part of being a royal. Quite frankly, balls bore me but I've learned over the years to put on a good front.

I'm summoned to my father's office. Once there, he briefs me on security plans for the ball and for the girls. I inform him the locations of Leo's men and the plans we made.

Everything has been discussed and I get into his mini bar and pour us a drink. We drink and enjoy a light casual conversation before we leave for the family dinner.

After dinner I retreat to my quarters for a shower and to get ready for the ball. I straighten my silver tie over my black button up dress shirt. I throw on my silver vest and cufflinks. The rest of the suit is black. I gel my hair back and do one more glance before I head out the door and into the ballroom.

My parents are in their seats upfront on the stage. I take a seat next to my mother, my brother next to me. The ballroom floor is already filled with guests and the five girls are seated along the right side of the room.