Chapter 17

~ Prince

The Colosseum is filled with my people. A small stage was set in the middle. The roar of the crowd fills the air as they wait for Violet to be walked out. I had one of the my servants fetch me a whip. It's an older flogger, so it shouldn't break the skin too bad. I plan on taking it easy on her.

I'm standing on the stage looking towards the doorway as Dominic walks her out. Her wrists are bound, staring straight ahead. She walks gracefully with her shoulders back, chin up. There's no shame in her mulberry eyes it's more like anger.

Wearing only a pair of workout shorts and a sports bra, my eyes wander down her body. I can't help but notice the way her hips sway, her tight six abs twitch with every step, or the way her breast bounce. When she is next to me, now facing to my right, I can see the muscles in her arms and legs are tone along with a firm back seat. She's a damn walking wet dream.

The crowd quiets down as I raise my arms up. Then I begin, "The two men that were killed was put into investigations. We found that were, in fact, traces of black magic found in their systems. Although Violet had all rights to defend herself, she had no permission to execute the offenders. She will receive seven lashes with a whip, for her misjudgment. " I turn to her as I finish.

Dominic holds out the flogger that's looped up in his right hand, I take it by the handle allowing the leather strips to hang by my side. I gesture to Violet to kneel. She sinks gently to her knees, sitting on her heels.

I step behind her flicking the end of the whip to make it snap and pop in the air. The sound causes her to flinch and move off her heels. I can see every muscle tense in her back preparing her body for the bite of the whip.

I stagger my stance, and flick my wrists up with my arm to follow. The tips floats lightly through the air. I follow through slicing the space between us with a loud crack as the leather meets her skin. Her body shutters then stops.

I back swing the next one, catching her left lower back up to her right shoulder. I come back down at a different place. Each swing making a snap and pop. She braces her body for each bite. After the last blow I hand the whip back to Dominic.

I help her to her feet and walk with her back to the cell. I unbound her wrists. She wouldn't look up at me. I felt terrible, but had no idea what to say.

"Leo will be here soon to look after your back. Then he can take you to your hotel. I wouldn't leave it only to go to the gym to train. I'll have your meals sent to your hotel room." I say softly.

She nods as she sits on the bench. I leave and find Leo waiting in the hallway. I nod and he goes in. I lean against the wall, and sigh heavily. I'm glad that's over.

~ Violet

Leo comes into my cell with a change of clothes and a medical kit. I turn so he can get to it. It stung, I think only a few lashes broke the skin. Leo had a cool clothe and wiped down my whole back, then applys salve for swelling. Then he starts on the broken skin. Once the bandages are done, I grab my clothes and put them on.

Leo takes me to my room, then helps me into bed. He sits down in a chair next to the bed.

"It doesn't look that bad. He took it easy on you." He laughs. "Be thankful all you got were seven lashes. I know some who lost fingers for less."

"Really?" I say sleepy.

"What we do is not for the faint of heart. We look at the big picture. Our sacrifice for all of our kind. One day left to train then to the Colosseum. You'll do fine. I'll be back in an hour to check on you." He says tucking me in.

I nod and pass out.

*****************************

I wake up bearly able to open my eyes, I feel blazing hot. I'm having trouble breathing, my tongue feels swollen and thick. All I can hear is the pounding of my heartbeat in my ears.

I see Leo and Sabastian. I know they're talking because I see their lips moving. Sabastian is freaking out, both hands in his hair. Leo grabs a rag and places it on my forehead. It feels cool, soothing.

Leo lifts my chin so I can look into his eyes. Sabastian rushes over to his side. I feel my fingers slip into his hand. The tingles that travel up my arm feel cool. I can feel it fill me like an empty cup. The heat in body evaporates. I squeeze his hand and smile. My ears pop and I can hear again.

I mind link Leo to let him know Sebastian's touch is helping me. This time I'm thankful for the matebond. I can't hear Calypso, I can feel her though.

I hear Leo, "She's coming around. I think though you should keep holding her hand. It appears to be comforting."

"Okay." His voice is shaken. After a few minutes of silence I feel the bed dip, then I feel him lift me up and his arm slide underneath my head. Then he pulls me close to his chest. Apparently he climbed into the bed with me. His heart is racing and is breathing irregularly.

I need skin, I'm getting some on his arm but I need more. I raise my hand to find buttons. I pull on the fabric till it gives. He must realised what was doing because he unbuttons the rest then opens his shirt. I put my cheek right to his skin. Cooling tingles go right in to my head. I black out again.