Chapter 24

~ Prince

I arrive at the guesthouse late. I intended to be at the dinning table before Violet came down. I needed to see if any more was unearthed in the investigation.

They said all who has access to that room all had alibies. Leaving Dominic the last in that room, making him my main suspect. It left a knot in my stomach. What would he have to gain, by her death. I thought he wanted our wolves to wake up just as badly as I do.

I remember as kids we would try to guess what our wolf would look like and even draw pictures. I don't understand. I'd need to tell Leo and Violet's parents. How could I warn Violet. Maybe Leo can.

I go inside into the front door, which opens up into the living room. The door to the dinning room is to the left, the stairs case is directly in front, and a study to the right.

I can smell delicious food in the air. I lean against the door frame taking the weight off my left leg so I rest it on my toe behind me. I watch for a second the little family that one day I'll be apart of. I notice her father didn't sit at the head of the table, saving it for me I'm sure.

Leo was serving the food. When he had sat down. I knock on the door frame. Mr. Valentine looks over his paper at me. Putting it down in his lap he welcomes me and offers me a seat. I put on my best smile and walk to the table and pull out the seat next to Violet.

I can tell Violet wasn't expecting me, however she doesn't look happy to see me. I sit and get comfortable.

I look to Violet, sitting perfect posture in her chair hands in her lap. She's avoiding looking at me. No one has touched the food, as tradition, no one eats before the alpha when your eating at his table. In the home, it's the head of the household who eats first.

But, because I'm here, he won't eat until I do. I like this family already. No wonder our Goddess has blessed their pack. I'm looking forward to learn more about their pack. I intend to run my kingdom in all ways to please our Goddess as they have. With Violet by my side, I know anything can be accomplished. Which is why the enemy is so admin to keep us apart.

I thank Violet's parents, they allow me to call them on first names bases. That usually is more personal, so I take it as respect. After I inquire what there is for breakfast. Vanessa asks Violet to get my food.

The look on her face is priceless. It was like she tasted something bad. But she did it any how. This was my chance to tell them what I found out about Dominic. I made sure Violet was in the kitchen before I spoke low.

"I thought I should tell you about the report I got this morning about the poisoning. All alibis checked out, making Dominic the last to leave that room. Unfortunately I feel he is my main suspect. He either did it himself or let someone else. I need him watched, to get more evidence. My suspicions aren't enough to arrest him. But I do feel he's a danger to Violet."

"I agree. We have plenty more assassins and spys ready for your use. Anything to keep our daughter safe. The sooner he's arrested the less the enemy can use him." Jordan says.

Violet returns and set my plate in front of me. As she sits I push the chair in. I begin to eat, then the others. Violet picked at her food, I could tell something was bothering her. It doesn't take long for it to spill out.

She's upset about how I hid my identity from her. I wanted to tell her, it got harder after, well when I got harder. I truly didn't expect it to go that far. I had a strong attraction right away, which I understand why now.

I'm guessing her father didn't know this because he froze. Oh damn. I try to explain, part of it was true, but I was mainly window shopping what was available.

I was about to tell her about my intention to give her more information on her opponents, however, we got...off subject. But she cut me off before I could. Her mother chastised her but her father allowed Violet's behavior to continue. Guess he's upset too.

Then she brings up the hotel room incident. Yeah, I went there fully intent to take her right there. I couldn't stop thinking about her. The way her eyes changed right before me. It captivated me. I wanted release from the sexual tension she built up in me. She's just so damn sexy.

She was actually worried that if I had succeeded, I would find out she was my mate. What the hell is that about? Isn't that what she's here for? I would have done the same thing I'm doing now. Kept it a secret until round three.

I have to appease my father, it's a tradition and they die hard. He's so damn stubborn. I don't understand the point of it, especially because I know she's my mate. At least no more girls have to die. I'm glad that part is over.Hopefully we are successful at waking my wolf. Than theses contests will be obsolete. 

So I respond flatly to her concerns, setting my fork down. I steaple my fingers. Obvious I'm not eating anymore. This conversation is making me lose my appetite. Her attitude is getting old fast. I look around and see Violet's parents look uncomfortable and Leo busy with his food. Did I say something wrong?

They all know I am her mate, I'm still not sure if Violet does. If she does, she hides it well. If she doesn't, I think she's just embarrassed I'm not who I claimed.

I look to Violet, "What?"

Her whole demeanor changes. She turns her body toward me. She looks me in the eyes, with those seductive cat eyes. I'm mesmerised, caught in a trance. Her smile literally took my breath away. There she goes again, turning me on, this time right in front of her parents. When she touches my hand, I almost loose it in my pants. What the hell? Does she know what she does to me?

I'm not sure. Assassin's know how to seduce. However, she was so nervous that night and at the hotel room. Plus, she admitted that damn blood sicker was her first kiss.

The question that comes out had me perplexed. I did get to read the letter, so I know she has to wake my wolf, but it wasn't clear how. Father told me Violet said the mate had to stimulate him. My guess is sex, but I'm a guy, my mind is generally in the gutter. Plus when it comes to "stimulation" from her, it's not hard. Correction, she makes me hard.