Dinner and a Show

~ Prince

After father finishes his speech he sits and start the dinner. He picks his glass of water and raises it, then takes a sip. We all follow suit. He picks up his fork and digs it into the pasta then feeds it to mother. Show off.

The girls coo over his gesture then everyone starts to eat. Small talk erupts across the table, silverware clatter on plates, the ring of a few glasses hitting the table. And so much more, I can hear everything.

It's a little overwhelming at first, but I figure out how to separate the sounds. The smells are all overpowering, I lean back and pull out my napkin and blow my nose quietly. There that's better.

My eyes see so well. I can see the tiny beads embroidered into my mother's blouse. I study the girls as they enjoy themselves.

They are really trying too hard. They have either too much makeup or jewelry and their dress are way too vibrant. It hurts. I rub them casually to refocus. They fall to Violet.

She's talking with Joy, sitting across from her to my right. Joy is wearing a simple black dress with her hair in a bun. But she's has too much perfume on. They're talking about the food and the dresses.

Violet's eyes twinkle has she speaks. Her face lights up when ever she talks to Joy or Stacey. I think they are her first real friends. Her style tonight reminds me of a bouquet of flowers. The black rose near her left ear amplifies her radiant purple irises. The light pink lipstick lined with red makes them look fuller. I can smell her scent of cherry blossoms, it linger in my nose.

She catches me admiring her. I wasn't trying to hide it. I wait for it...and there it is. Her cheeks glow a beautiful shade of fusha. She flutters her eyes and shrugs her shoulders. Her smile is warm, I catch her biting her bottom lip as she looks back to Joy.

We finish eating, the servants clean off the table. Father pulls out the black bag with the recipe cards in it. I stand and walk gracefully down to Father's side. He hands me a clipboard with a list of the girls names.

One by one the girls come up and pull a card. I write down which recipes and when,either breakfast, lunch, or dinner on day one or day two, next to their name. Then I hand the clipboard back to him. We are the only ones to know.

They are told not to share with each other what they picked. The plan is who ever made that meal, sits next to me at that meal. Only a few will know this is for security purposes.

We then move to the show room which has a stage. They will perform their talent in alphabetical order.

Chelsea, a brunette with hazel eyes and too much makeup, is wearing a bright yellow flowing dress. She sings a beautiful song opera style. It was very well done.

Courtney, has black straight hair with brown eyes is wearing a way too puffy orange satin dress, plays the piano. She plays a piece of Mozart, which is my favorite. She play gracefully, never taking away from the written musical layout.

Joy, dances a traditional Scottish jig to a bagpipe duet playing through speakers. She moves gracefully and I love the sound of the bagpipe. Her...curls bounce lively as she dances.

Natasha, has wavy dark blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing too much jewelry and a gaudy pink marmalade prom dress style. She sings like a song bird though.

Angel, has dark brown and blonde hair, green eyes. She wears a blue bonnet sundress that's way too shorter and pushes up her breast as to where they almost fall out. She plays the violin. A witty upbeat song very well played.

Then my beautiful bunch of flowers sits is a chair on the stage. In her hands are the reeds she got from the river. All tied together with twine lined up smallest to biggest.

Leo sat behind her with a set of bongos. He started a gentle beat. Then Violet began to play. I have to say I've never heard anything like it. It sounds like a flute. The notes float softly in the air with grace and purpose.

I close my eyes to focus only on her and the music. It took me on a magical journey as the notes rose and fell. It builds with passion and fills my soul with peace and silence. I could never get my mind to empty,until now. I take in the sound and truly relax.

A wave of goosebumps climb up my arm then dance down my back. I feel him wake, I can see him in my mind's eye. His eyes open as do my actual eyes. He looks out them like windows to the world.

His left ear twitched, then the right. He hears her song calling to Him like a siren. He golden eyes blink sleepily. A purr resonates from his chest. I feel him send a message through the matebond. I hear you ,my love. I'll be with you soon.

I look up into Violet's eyes which have been closed this whole time until now. They glow, flickering as lightning skips across. It appears his message was received. I had no idea this connection could be so strong. I can actually feel her love and passion through the matebond. 

More passion is poured into the song and I'm carried away again. How beautifully she plays, how beautiful is her soul. I feel a tear tickle my cheek as she finishes. I am speechless.