Chapter Five

Kirishima's's POV

My insides tense as I run through the halls, my legs feel numb, my head a foggy mess of confusion. Only one thing feels real- fear. I feel it squeeze my guts and tinge my eyes, who the hell am I? Where am I? What am I after?

My legs continue beating upon the ground as I skillfully dodge dead ends and sharp turns. My lungs rising and falling faster than a clever bird hunting for a field mouse. My hands shake as my stomach manages to bring my lunch back up.

I heave against a wall, my shoulder crushing against it uncomfortably. My tummy heaves and works up whatever I had eaten previous to this bone shaking event. I taste the bile atop of my tongue, the acid stabbing my throat with needles.

Spitting up what was left, I discard the gruesome pile of vomit and keep running. But to no avail, I don't know where I am going, what I'm looking for, who I'm looking for? Everything feeling like a groggy mess of thoughts.

I feel empty, like a discarded well that wishes for nothing more than a fulfilling and wholesome rain. O' sky, please let my be full once more. Let me feel what the others have! Allow me to not have this gut-wrenching hole in my chest!

The rain never comes. I keep running, dodging walls for no reason. Praying I find what was lost or taken from me. Hoping I feel warm again. I keep hoping and praying, but I'm too deep for anyone to reach me.

I fall to my knees and cry. First, I cry for me, then I cry for you, and alas I cry for whatever or whomever it may be that I have lost. I sob a great tone, snuffle and moan and whimper like a cranky and spoiled child without its pacifier.

I feel a sharp pain in my back. Cold metal followed by a patting warmth around my sides.

I sit up. The room is cold and stuffy. My head hurts and my guts are churning. I cover my mouth and feel hot water fall from my eyes. I feel shaky and empty, like bad news had just been brought up to me, and I am in the first stage of grief.

I uncover myself and toss my legs off the bed. I sit there and stare at my roommate. I stare greedily and tiredly; I feel so cold and fake. I take in the view of the other like the gluttonous and angsty teen that I am.

I've never really realized how shameless I am.

I uncover my mouth and stand up, my shadow drifting lazily across the floor as I make my way to the bathroom. I check my phone; it's five am.

I don't want to go back to sleep; I don't want to risk dreaming again- this time waking up myself and my roommate. So, I take a shower, a long one. Such a lengthy one, I used the remainder of the hot water. I had enough time to touch up my roots.

-

It's raining again. I can tell the counselors are getting impatient with the weather; It's been three days so far, and we've barely done any outdoor activities. I feel uneasy myself, the dream I had last night still leaves a tremble in my fingertips. Which is unfortunate since we're sketching today, I think.

I find a spot and squeeze myself together in a sad attempt to comfort myself. I still feel numb and distant, but the effect of the dream is starting to ware off, I can feel myself warming up once again; thank the heavens.

"Good morning everyone!" One of the female counselors started; apologizing for how much it has been raining. "We promise we'll get this weather figured out and will schedule more outdoor activities!"