Chapter Four

Kirishima's POV

Thank the heavens above! For the rain has finally cleared! The weather was starting to lower my mood. It always seems like the rain brings in sour memories, as if we haven't already chewed them up and processed them enough.

The sun is finally out! And I can feel the soft ray pressing against my skin, leaving little burnt kisses and bites. My core feels warm and happy again, my muscles tingle with excitement for what the day will bring.

"Dud e yesterday was hilarious!" Kaminari slouched against me and laughed.

"Shut up man, I got yelled at by four different counselors!" I reply in a hushed tone, looking around to check if anyone heard him. It's bad enough I got my sorry butt chewed, I don't want innocent Denki to get in trouble either.

"Okay, okay, chill. What's for breakfast? Do you think it's going to be- Hey Mina!!" And he took off towards her. I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that he left his medication at home.

We were walking towards the cafeteria for breakfast. It's bean two days since we got to walk to our food; the previous days we had a lunch lady bring our portions to the cabins. Despite the blatant campground rule that states no eating the living spaces.

I speed up my pace to walk next to Midoriya, he looks a little lost in thought- I can totally understand that. I could barely shower yesterday without thinking about how Bakugou and I did the cowboy bougie twenty feet apart cuz we're not gay.

But I couldn't stop thinking about it in a weird way, can't two bros just do the cowboy bougie twenty feet apart? I don't see anything wrong with it! It's just two bros dancing. Together... Twenty feet apart- My internalized homophobia is getting the best of me today.

"Kirishima?" Mido-bro gave me a concerned expression.

"Huh, yea? What's up?!" I grin, letting the thoughts I had before start to melt away.

"You look dis-"

"You look distracted buddy! Everything alright?" I beat him to the question.

"Pfft, yea! I'm excited for the activities today!" The broccoli haired boy smiled whole heartedly.

"Me too!" I hold my fist out for him to bump. "Do you know what's planned today?"

He gave my fist a soft tap. "Yea um, I think we're running laps."

"U gh, I s u c k at cardio." I frown.

"That's why you should work on it even more!" Sweet broccoli boy, bless him. "Oh uh,, do you know why Kachan shoved plastic babies into my pants?"

-

The cafeteria was bubbling with life, energetic voices tingling the room with life. The sounds bounce off the echoey walls and meet back up to my ears. I'm certainly glad that I'm not the only one happy about leaving the stuffy cabins.

I wonder how Bakugou feels right now. Can he feel the movements? Touch the tingling voices? Feel the vibrations that reside in the air? I want to know what its like to be him!

I cover my ears. Despite already looking like an idiot, I close my eyes as well, and I feel, I feel the surroundings, the buzzing, the scent of hot breakfast. They swarm my thoughts and cause me to stumble.

"What the hell are you doing?" I hear a distant voice and uncover my ears.

"Br o! I was wondering where you went!" I grin at the sight of the grumpy blond.