Chapter 29 - Jasmine

Maya and Gabriel was walking outside in a work in front of NYU when she suddenly stoppe dim her track.
Of course she was talking to her mother while she was very worried about her daughter living on her own at eighteen with a two year old.

"Mom stop worrying. I'll be fine. Send regards to Dad," Maya said as her mother laughed.
"Okay bye," Maya said putting her phone away.

Maya smiled at her son who was surprisingly walking really good considering he hasn't done a whole lot of it.
Of course mom life had her get used to a whole setup which also means that she had to get used to bringing a lot of stuff with her which included a diaper bag.

"Gabriel are you thirsty Buddy?" Maya asked and the boy looked at her.
"Yeah," Gabriel said.
"Okay let me just get your juice," Maya said as she took out a bottle from her bag.
"Here bud," Maya said.

"Maya?" she heard a voice and turned around.
"Jasmine? What on earth are you doing here?" Maya asked.
"What do you mean?" Jasmine asked.
"Didn't you like graduate in the spring?" Maya asked.
"I did actually. Hello. And who is this?" Jasmine asked and Gabriel went behind Maya's back.
"This is my son, Gabriel," Maya said.
"Your son?" Jasmine asked.
"Long story short. I got pregnant and as expected Josh ran away. He doesn't even pick up the phone. I stopped trying two years ago," Maya said.
"How old is he?" Jasmine asked.
"He is actually turning three in about five-ish weeks. October, 15th," Maya said.
"Thats nice. Wait that means you were..."
"I don't wanna talk about it. I'm grateful to have him in my life. My own little joy," Maya said as she rubbed Gabriel's hair.
"You working or are you..."
"No I am a Youtuber who is just having a walk around here hoping to find his father," Maya said.
"Good luck with that one. Could I stick you for a coffee?" Jasmine asked and Maya nod.
"Let's go, Bud," Maya said.