Chapter 16 - On The Way

It was about three weeks later and now Maya was thirty-five weeks which seemed like so much.
It was the fifteenth as well as a Saturday when Riley came to visit Maya.

"Hey Peaches," Riley said and Maya smiles.
"I'm feeling as big as a ox," Maya said as she rubbed her belly.
"Nonsense. You're actually carrying small. I've seen woman who is way bigger," Riley said and Maya laughed.
"Thanks. This whole thing has been so much harder than I ever thought of," Maya said.
"Because you're doing it alone. You shouldn't. You should be able to do it with my.."
"Ow," Maya said as she sudde my felt a little bit of pressure.
"What? Are you okay?" Riley asked as she rushed to her best friend.
"Ah. No," Maya said as she knew what was happening.
"Okay what's wrong?" Riley asked.
"I think it's time," Maya said.
"Oh gosh. Okay I'm calling Lucas so he can take us," Riley said as she helped Maya to the couch before calling her boyfriend.

"What's going on?" Lucas said.
"Maya is in labour," Riley said.
"Where..."
"Her place," Riley said.
"Okay, I'm on my way."

~

It was just awhile later but now the contractions were a lot and Maya struggled to keep control of how many there were.

"Okay deep breathe," Riley said trying to keep Maya calm.
"What's taking him so long?"
"I don't know," Riley said and Lucas came through the door.

"Here I am. Hurry. We don't know how long she has. The car is outside," Lucas said.
"Okay. Let's go, Peaches. Just take deep breathes," Riley said as both she and Lucas helped Maya to the car.

Maya couldn't believe it.
It's happening.
She's having a baby right now.