Chapter 3 - Finding Out

Three months later

It has been about three months since Maya and Josh last had contact.
He decided it would be best after what had happened if they did not have any contact.
Maya didn't want that but respected Josh's decision.
But that meant she had to stay away during a lot of occasions like his birthday and dinners which she went to a lot.
Of course he wasn't at his brother's a lot so Maya was able to avoid him without letting anyone notice what they are doing.
Maya hated every moment of it and knowing how his mind worked this was how things are gonna be forever.
It was about eight months until her mother and Shawn's wedding and Maya was really anxious.

It was Wednesday, 27 April, late the afternoon and Maya was sitting in front of the bathroom's basin.
She was making sure she is right.
She has been feeling very odd lately knowing what is wrong but wanted to know for sure.

One line - Negative
Two lines - Positive.

Okay not too hard, Maya thought.
The timer on her phone goes off and she goes to the test.
She picks it up and immediately slams a blank.
Pregnant.
She is pregnant.
Tears start running down her cheeks and she wipe them away.
She throws the test in her backpack Riley got her for her birthday and ran outside the apartment.
Maya took a walk and before she knew it she was at the Second Cemetery of Congregation Shearith Israel.
She sigh as she looks for the stone she wants.

Kermit Hart.
Loving father, husband, son and brother.

Maya smiles as she sits down on the grass.
She sighs as she looks at the date.

"Hi Daddy," Maya said as a tear runs down her face.
"It's been awhile, hey? Life isn't easy. I got news today which could change my life. It is going to change my life," Maya said as she pulled the test out thinking her father is there.
"You would be a grandfather. How exciting is that? I miss you. I miss you so, so much. More than Mom realizes. I have to go. I love you Daddy," Maya said as she placed a kiss on the stone.