Chapter 8 - Second Appointment

Friday, 13 May.
Maya is twelve weeks and six days, just one day from her second trimester.
She is super nervous about today because she has to go to a doctors appointment for the baby and she doesn't want to face too many people.
Sbe had told her friends in the meantime due to Riley not actually having a very good reaction and knowing that she will be able to never move on from what is happening.
She got dressed and headed straight to the kitchen.

"Morning. How are you feeling?" Shawn asked.
"Morning, Uncle Shawn. I'm feeling okay. Just nervous about today. It's the second appointment. The thirteen week one which I actually should only do tomorrow but I made it today. I'm very nervous but I think everything is going to run smooth. And no. I don't need you to take me. I'll be fine," Maya said.
"Okay, just say when you need some help," Shawn said.

~

It was later the afternoon and Maya was waiting at the gynecologist's office for the doctor to call her in.
When she heard her name she immediately went inside and went to sit on the bed.

"Okay, Maya. I'm Abigail. I'll be your gyne. How are you feeling today?" Abigail asked.
"Not bad," Maya said.
"That's good. Okay so this is thirteen weeks?"
"Only tomorrow but I booked earlier," Maya said.
"That's always good. Let's see what we have," Abigail asked and went to check everything.
"Okay, so this is quite exciting. The baby is doing well and you are also doing very well. I don't see any problems. But I do want to do just a few tests which isn't serious. I just want to make sure there are no danger at the moment for you. I'll be right back."