Owen #18

This week felt long, I was impatiently waiting for the end of week 10. Mystery Girl was so close to being real right now, but yet so far. Chyanne on the other hand seemed to have blossomed. I found myself watching her more and more.

Chyanne was laughing more and wouldn't break our eye contact right away. She would actually smile at me too. A part of me felt like I was cheating on Mystery Girl, but when it all boiled down, I chose her. As much as I'm attracted to Chyanne, I chose Mystery Girl. She was the person who seemed to share a part of my soul.

Thursday's always seemed to be the longest day. It was pre Friday. Thursday's were just generic Christmas Eves. It wasn't the same amount of amazement that follow but you were starting to feel some of the side effects.

When I was a kid, my dad used to work 4 ten hour days a week, he was off on Fridays. The anticipation leading up to Friday's was manic. When I go home from school my dad and I would go on adventures or have movie marathons. It was our day, ever since then Fridays have always been my favorite day.

Me: Whats your favorite day of the week?

Mystery Girl: Saturday.

Mystery Girl: Good question, by the way. No ones ever asked me that before.

Me: Thank you. Why are Saturdays your favorite?

Mystery Girl: It's a day of whatever you want. You finished the week, you're still off tomorrow and there are endless possibilities on how to spend your Saturday!

Me: Impressive answer.

Mystery Girl: Impressive inquiring skills.

Mystery Girl: And what about you? What's your favorite day of the week?

Mystery Girl: And why?

Me: Friday's. It was always my day with my dad. We could just do us. No mom, no sisters, just two guys hanging out. I sometimes miss those Fridays with him. I wish I could do it again but I'm just busy.

Mystery Girl: Busy or afraid to ask?

Me: Maybe some of both. I mean what if he finds it juvenile?

Mystery Girl: You never know unless you ask the question. What's the worst that can happen? The question comes back as not what you wanted? Oh well. You asked, you tried. No one can blame you for trying.

My heart hammered in my chest. I wanted to ask her to meet me again. I need to see the girl on the other end of this phone. She told me to ask, but I'm not sure she was referring to herself. Disregarding that thought, with another wind of courage. I knew what her answer would be but I could stop asking, even though we weren't at the 10 weeks, we were close. Closer than before at least.

Me: Question.

Mystery Girl: Answer.

Me: Meet me at the park tomorrow, 6:30?

There was a long response time. My heart hammered harder in my chest again. I know I've probably asked a dozen times at this point with very little hopes of agreement from her, but I still asked.

Mystery Girl: Like in person?

Me: Well I planned on Skyping into the park but yeah that works too.

Mystery Girl: Skyping in sounds fun, too bad I ruined it.

Mystery Girl: What if I get there at 6:31, is that still allowed?

Me: Is that a yes?

Mystery Girl: Are you agreeing for me to be late?

Me: I think the answer to both our questions are yes.

Mystery Girl: Perfect!

My heart was thumping in my chest but with a happier beat this time. Yes, she said yes. This was going to be the longest 21 hours of my life. The nervous completely washed off and it was quickly replaced with anxiety from anticipation.

Mystery Girl: I'm nervous.

Me: Me too.

Me: But we were going to meet anyways. So why not sooner than later?

Me: Can I ask why you changed your mind?

Mystery Girl: My best friend yelled at me to live more and she told me that the next time you asked I had to say yes.

Me: We don't have to meet tomorrow, if you don't want to.

Mystery Girl: No! I do! I'm just nervous, I  needed that little push.

Mystery Girl: I promise I want to meet you tomorrow.

My heart sounded like an African drum circle. I was meeting her tomorrow. I looked at the clothing all hanging in my closet; I have nothing to wear. What do you wear for meeting someone you already know for the first time? Wait, is it the first time? I could very well know her in person.

To sooth my nerves I picked out my outfit tonight. I went with my normal dark jeans and a black t-shirt. It was something I normally wore. It was fully me.