Chyanne #17

Sandy and I jostled around the campus halls on Monday morning like we did 5 days a week. We weren't deep in conversation, my coffee hadn't fully kicked in yet. There were a few fish that were swimming against the current of the rest of the students.
"Nice shirt." Owen smiled a little at me in passing. I glanced down and back up at him. I tried to smile but he'd passed by then.
"He might be showing some interest in you, you know like the other night at the gas station." Sandy bumped me playfully. I rolled my head to her.
"Owen Roxen is not showing interest in me." A girl ahead of me spun around, stopping me in my track. Kimberly Palms.
"No guy is interested in Chy-Girl Stevens, especially a guy like Owen Roxen. You must be seriously disturbed to think that." I rolled my eyes. Most of the time when Kimberly talked her words rolled off my back. They hit harder for Sandy. Probably because a long, long time ago, Kimberly and Sandy were friends. Best friends.
"There is a guy interested in Chyanne!" She snapped. My stomach started to twist. This fire was about to get more fuel.
"Oh yeah?" Kimberly crossed her arms and leaned in towards Sandy. "Who?" A lump formed in my throat. No matter how hard I tired, I couldn't swallow it. It felt like that only way it was going to come out was if I puked.
"It's a mystery guy." I know thousands of people in this school are apart of this experiment but it never sound so ridiculous until now. Kimberly laughed in Sandy's face.
"That's a stupid little game. I'm sure once they met, he will run in the oposite direction." Her eyes seared into me. "But you already know that, don't you?" A smile started to pick at her lips. Kimberly rolled her eyes and stormed off with pride.
"She's such a bitch!" Sandy clenched her fists tighter. The lump in my throat melted away.
"Well I think that went well." I finally said. She looked at me like I was nuts. "It could have been worse. We could be like her thinking the world loves her." Sandy starts to smile. "I mean she's clueless." I flipped my hair like Kimberly does. "All the boys love me." I blew a kiss at her. "My parents are rich." I spun around in circles. "And I'll blow any guy with enough alcohol!" A guy looked at me from behind Sandy. His mouth hung open and his eyebrows as high as they could be. My entire face burned with embarrassment. "Oh, I was just pretending to be Kimberly Palms." I said softly. Sandy looked over her shoulder with a huge grin.
"You were too nice and not dumb enough to be Kimberly Palms." I licked my lips. "Too pretty too, but good try." I ruffled my hair awkwardly. "See you around Stevens." He knew who I was but oddly enough I couldn't place who he was. After he brushed by us Sandy burst into a fit of giggles.
"Oh my god!" She doubled over. "Not only did you do a hilarious impression of Kimberly but Danny the eye-candy Silver found you funny!" She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear as we kept walking. "Maybe he'll go back to your next boo-thang and tell Owen how funny you are." I rolled my eyes and pushed her playfully.

Sandy and I were good for each other for two reasons. We are each other's personal diaries and advice board but we're also each other's personal comedic relief. I think that's why we stayed friends for so long. Sure were different from each other and can really annoy each other but we work well together. Almost like Christmas colors.

During class I couldn't help but think about why Danny and I cross paths, not only did he find me funny but he knew who I was. Lately, school was feeling different. It was something in the air.

Me: Is it me or has things felt weird lately, like it's different some how.

Mystery Man: Most definitely you.

Mystery Man: Why do you ask?

Me: People who don't normally are talking to me. Also people are staring at me...no one ever stares at me.

Mystery Man: Maybe they do and you're just now noticing.

Me: Don't say that. That makes me anxious.

Mystery Man: Why? I'm sure your beautiful.

Me: LOL! But I don't like being the center of attention. I like the side lines.

Mystery Man: Why?

Me: It's comfortable. My best friend get more attention than me and when we're together sometimes people stare but that's okay, it's easy to share the burden.

Mystery Man: It is easier to share things than keep them to yourself.

School today was long and quite tedious. It was SSDD; same shit different day. It was always the same thing. If you took out the outside forces changing like the stares and the odd feeling in the air; every day was the same.

Sandy had to work tonight I was stuck at home by myself. Normally I enjoy time by myself but I think lately I grew restless of being alone. Maybe that's what changed. Maybe Mystery Man was right, all of this wasn't new, just new to me.

Me: I think the world is ending, I've grown tired of being by myself.

Me: Before you ask, no I don't wanna hang out.

Mystery Man: Well that's a lot of emotion coming over this phone.

Me: Sorry, I thought of all people I knew, you'd be the one to understand it.

Mystery Man: Well you're right. We all get lonely some times. I get lonely, even when I'm around people. It's human nature to need companionship. We aren't designed to be alone. That's why even the person who's spends time alone the most needs someone.

Me: Well when you put it that way... I can understand that. Maybe I'm just restless. I want to go on an adventure.

Mystery Man: There is always an opportunity for adventure, you just have to be willing to take them.

I curled up on the couch and thought about what he said. There is always an opportunity for adventure. I enjoyed staying home to read or watch movies, but wind in my hair and freedom at my fingertips sounded necessary.

Me: I'm going for a drive. I'll talk to you later.

Mystery Man: Drive safe.

Mystery Man: Actually, take me with you!

Me: LOL