How do I go on?

Hermione was stunned by Luna’s story. Not to mention a little jealous. Draco had been Luna’s first kiss, it was so surreal.

“I would appreciate it if you didn’t mention any of that to Neville; I don’t think he would like it.” She said sweetly.

“I don’t think anyone would like it. The same way they would if they knew about… if they knew about him and me.” She sighed.

“People need to move past everything. It was a war, and it happened, but it’s over now. Former supporters of You-Know-Who live next door to people who fought for our side. I think you’ll find that a lot of people did what they did out of fear.”

Hermione knew she was right. The regret that Draco must be feeling was so clear in his eyes. He must feel so alone, especially now.

“I don’t know what to do, he was just so angry, and now he won't even look at me.”

“You need to give him another chance. I know how hard it must be and if he lets you down again you’ll have to let it go. No one would expect you to wait for his wounds to heal. I don’t think they ever will.” Luna was right but Hermione wasn’t sure.

It was hard enough to watch him as it was. How would she ever move past this if she kept feeling like she should let him into her life?

“I need to make sure there’s nothing left, don’t I?” Luna nodded. “Thank you, I just feel lost at the moment.

“Oh, hey Hermione.” The two of them turned around to look up at Neville. “I’m not interrupting am I?”

“No, of course not, I’m the one intruding. I was just leaving. Thanks again Luna.” She stood up and gave them both a smile before heading back to the castle. She had a lot to think about.

The days had gone by so slowly but Draco had not been moving forward. If anything he was falling back to where he was before.

He tried not to think about her. He made a conscious effort not to look at her or even sit near her in the classes they shared. He tried not to let the disgust show on his face when he saw her with them, and he didn’t want to think about how if it came down to it, she would choose them over him. He knew that was how it would go.

He couldn’t bear to think about her anymore.

He had been so cruel to her, cruel enough that she wouldn’t come back to him.

Pansy on the other hand was never going to let him forget about leaving her alone on the train. As if the birds weren’t enough, she constantly spat her words at him and cut him down to make sure he knew that he was in the wrong. He should have just gone with her. None of this would have happened and he wouldn’t have those memories in his head that hurt him so much.

As they headed down for breakfast in the morning he took a quick glance over at the Gryffindors. Potter was next to the female Weasley, and she was next to the other one. He felt the anger rising in his body. Well, what he thought was anger. Envy had a way of presenting as other emotions.