"You know I'm not going to run away, right?" Jennie asked, laying her hand on Lisa's knee. Lisa looked up and gave her a small smile.

"I'll be honest, I'm... scared," Jennie admitted, "you know I don't get close to people, but you're different. I've never had anyone like you before. and I think it would... break my heart if I left now."

"It would break mine too," Lisa whispered, giving Jennie a sad smile that crinkled the corner of her eyes slightly. Putting the crust of her slice of pizza back in the empty box and wiping her hands clean, Jennie gestured for Lisa to come closer.

Curled up next to Jennie, with her head on her chest, Lisa felt safe. She listened to Jennie's steady heartbeat, and closed her eyes as Jennie trailed patterns on Lisa's back. Wearing some of Jennie's borrowed clothes, Lisa was surrounded by the comforting smell of Jennie's washing detergent and her perfume. Exhausted after a busy day of work, and feeling safe and warm next to Jennie, Lisa slowly drifted off to sleep, followed soon after by Jennie.

-----

Jennie jerked herself awake. The TV was still on and she could see it was pitch black outside through the skylight above her. Fast asleep, with her head on Jennie's chest, was Lisa. Jennie smiled down at her, gently running her thumb along Lisa's cheekbone. Looking down at her watch, Jennie checked them time, realising it was almost midnight. Sighing, she gently shook Lisa awake.

"Lisa," Jennie whispered, smiling when Lisa made an annoyed groan. She called her name again, and Lisa's eyes gently fluttered open. She sat up, frowning in confusion as she looked around the room. Looking at Jennie, she rubbed her eyes.

"What time is it?" Lisa mumbled, still half asleep.

"Almost twelve," Jennie whispered, "come on, let's go to bed."

Her eyes still half shut, Lisa let Jennie pull her up and lead her to her bedroom. Jennie pulled the covers back and Lisa fell into bed. Fumbling towards her closet, Jennie got changed into some pyjamas in the dark, before slipping into bed next to Lisa. She couldn't see her in the blackness of the room, but Jennie could feel her on the other side of the bed.

"Goodnight," Jennie whispered, even though Lisa was already asleep again.

Rolling over, Jennie closed her eyes, jumping slightly when an arm flopped over her as Lisa rolled over, mumbling in her sleep. Smiling to herself, Jennie drifted off to sleep with Lisa pressed up against her back.

-----

Jennie woke up to light streaming into her room and the sound of rain hitting the window. The sun hadn't fully risen yet, indicating that it was still early, and Jennie groaned at her having forgotten to close her curtains before going to sleep.

She could feel the warmth of Lisa pressed up next to her, and gently rolled over, trying not to disturb her. Lisa was still fast asleep, her mouth open as she breathed in and out. Jennie bit back a laugh as she took in the glasses perched at a wonky angle on Lisa's face where she'd forgotten to take them off last night.

As if she felt Jennie's stare, Lisa's eyes fluttered open. She bolted upright, and bumped her forehead on Jennie's chin.

"Shit!" Jennie hissed, rubbing her chin.

"Oh God! I'm so sorry," Lisa apologised, rubbing her forehead as she winced. She looked up at Jennie who was staring back at her, and gave her a sheepish smile. Jennie surprised them both and burst out laughing, and Lisa quickly joined in, flopping back down on her back.