you'll come home

title: ilomilo - billie eilish and finneas

elizabeth's POV

------------------------------------------------------

"oh my goodness, thank you so much! she'll be so thrilled!" i hear mum exclaim as we get closer to my room. "right on time, nice to see you elizabeth. how're you feeling?" doctor thompson greets me. "if i say good do i get ice cream?" i ask, making a soft laugh hover over the small crowd of people that fills the room. "well, i was thinking you'd get something better. you get to go home elizabeth" he tells me with a big smile. "y-you're joking"

"nope, you're going home tomorrow" mum answers. "that's great" i smile. "you'll have to come back for treatments every other week but other than that you're free. you're not completely cured so we're gonna send your mum home with a list of things to stay away from" he explains. "fantastic" i say with the same smile. 

i can't believe i get to go home

i get to see my friends

sleep in my bed

oh my god

finally

"that's amazing!" elle exclaims. "we're so happy for you lizzy" billie smiles and hugs me. "careful, careful, i bruise easily" i remind her. "oh shit, yeah" she puts me down and pats my head. "so happy" she repeats. 

i get to be home for christmas

i can't wait to tell ethan

oh shit that's right.

i have to leave ethan.

he'll be happy for me though

right?

"can i go visit ethan?" i ask. "you gotta rest up first lizzy, you had a big day. just take a nap and then you can go see your little boyfriend" billie giggles and sings the word boyfriend. "elizabeth has a boyfriend?" mum asks, wiggling her shoulders. "ethan reed?" doctor thompson asks. "yes, yes. but if i have to wait to see him until after i nap, then get out so i can sleep" i tell them. "shoo" i giggle and gesture them out the door. "i should probably get going, but i'll come check up on you in a few hours." doctor thompson smiles and waves to everyone. billie helps me into my bed and i try to fall asleep.

i don't wanna leave ethan

but i also don't wanna be here anymore

damn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dodge dick on the daily:(