crush who's got a crush

title: new girl - finneas

elizabeth's POV

two day time skip*

--------------------------------------

today is my third day in the hospital. i actually don't have any tests scheduled for today which is a huge relief. i get to go down to the game room and meet some new people. which reminds me i also have group today. they have this support group for teens with cancer and mum thinks it's a good idea for me to go to it. i don't know about it but i guess i have to.

i hold onto my IV as billie pushes me through the halls. "i still don't understand why i have to be in a wheelchair. it's way less cool than i thought it would be. not to mention i can't even do cool tricks on it because i have to hold on to this dumbass thing" i roll my eyes and point to the IV. "it'll get better. you'll get used to it eventually. i bet that guy the nurse was talking about a few days ago is in the game room. and probably in the support group!" billie claps "oh my god our little lizzy is going to fall in love"  elle adds. "i wish you two would just get back together already. you're perfect for each other and you know that. get back together for me, i have cancer" i frown. "that's not how that works liz" elle laughs. "but... i have cancer" i pout. "oh look, we're here" billie changes the subject. 

they push me over to the couch and i stand up with ease. "look at that, she can walk" i say sarcastically and sit down on the couch. "elizabeth evans, at your service" i introduce myself to the guy next to me and he laughs. "ethan reed" he smiles and salutes. "oh my god do you think that's him?" i hear elle whisper to billie. "you're an amazing whisperer elle, truly a pro" i tell her sarcastically. "is that your sister?" ethan asks. "yeah, sadly" i answer and grimace. "so, why are you in here?" he asks. "leukemia, what about you?" i respond. "osteosarcoma, or how ever the fuck you say it. oh shit, i don't think i'm supposed to swear" he covers his mouth. "say it again" i tell him. "osteosarcoma" he laughs. "osteosarcoma. what even is that?" i giggle and furrow my eyebrows. "some sort of bone cancer, it's common in super hot guys just like yours truly" he says and smiles. "how humble" i laugh. "i know right" he chuckles and makes a weird face. "i can tell that we're going to get along" i giggle. "you wanna play?" he asks and offers me a controller. "sure, what're you playing?" i ask, taking the controller from him. "minecraft" he answers and points to the tv. "oh my god i love this game!" i exclaim and clap. "awe, look at them" billie puts her hands over her heart. "shut up" i mouth at her. "i have a few sisters of my own" he tells me and points over to a girl around elle's age and another a little younger than me. "what're their names?" i ask.

we talk for a long time until billie says it's time to go to group. "i guess i'll see you later than?" he smiles. "probably, unless i  you know, die" i laugh. "see, that's what i like about you already. everyone else hear says my humor is dark when i say stuff like that" he points out. "it's just a way of coping" i shrug. "exactly!" he exclaims. "ethan, it's time for group" one of his sisters tells him. she helps him into his wheelchair and i see his leg is huge and swollen. "i guess i'll see you sooner than i thought" he laughs. billie tries to help me into my wheelchair but i wave her off. "i'm a pro" i tell her and stand up, almost immediately falling right back down on the couch. "damn, i do be fallin doe" i laugh, making ethan laugh as well. "i've learned to just let them help me" he shrugs. "yeah, listen to your little boyfr-" billie starts but i glare at her and she stops. "what i'm trying to say is let me help you" billie rolls her eyes and helps me into my chair. i grab onto my IV and billie rolls me out with elle, ethan and his sister following close behind. 

"so, we have someone new with us today. elizabeth, you wanna go ahead and introduce yourself?" a nurse announces. "why don't you introduce yourself?" i ask. "we've got another ethan huh?" she sighs. "yep, you'll love her" ethan laughs. "she hates me" ethan whispers to me. "oh, i assume you actually want me to introduce myself?" i ask. "it'd be nice. but seeing as you'd like me to introduce myself, i'm lisa" she tells me. "am i in trouble here?" i whisper to ethan. "i know it's a typical bitch mom name, but at least her name isn't karen" he responds with a small chuckle, making me giggle. "oh shit yeah, elizabeth evans is the name and leukemia  is the game" i introduce myself and give them finger guns, once again making ethan laugh. "i'd rather you not use foul language" lisa huffs out. "i'd rather you not be a prude" i shrug. "sorry, that was rude" i add. "you're out here calling lisa a prude and then apologizing. guess we know who the real prude is" ethan jokes. "hush" i laugh and shush him. "this is a safe space elizabeth. if you choose to make fun, we'll have to ask you to leave. ask your friend ethan" lisa groans. "yeah i um, i kinda got kicked out of group for a week due to making fun of her" ethan whispers, making me laugh once again. 

all i do is laugh around him

maybe this won't be as bad as i thought

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: why am i updating so much today? 

answer: i'm sick as hell and posting some drafts along with writing some shit

that's ethan by the way ^^^^^