Memories of a Dying Star [Epilogue]

They sat around the coffee table. The room dark, with only the moon to shine through.

They had finished their mission and gotten back. The aftermath was quite bad, however, as they had to somehow patch up the incident at the station, the break-in, the override of information, missing files and Jimin's shocks in less than 24 hours.

They managed as best as they could, with the exception of Jungkook hitting a cop square in the jaw. It was definitely an accident on his part.

Even with everything on their plate, they couldn't get the bright and kind android out of their minds. They could still remember the first days were it awkwardly spoke and barely moved. They could remember the brave and weirdly heroic person behind the moves.

"I can't believe I won't hear her ask for confirmation ever again," Jimin said.

They were all devastated by this fact. All of them hoped they could hear her say it. And not the default model, bit their own loving Y/N.

The entire ordeal was confusing in it of itself, so they couldn't even imagine what their new friend had to go through.

"Maybe she figured it out," Hoseok said. "She figured out what we wanted, how stupid the entire thing really was, our life stories, everything."

"Except how we came together over being at the diner at 3 in the morning for the most dramatic reasons," Yoongi said as they all let out a sad chuckle.

Jungkook reached forwards and grabbed the android's memory disc. It was a somewhat small black square that had a completely smooth and mate cover. He inspected it before spotting a button. He softly pressed it.

A hologram popped up. Y/N's code came to life as it moved.

"This is where it ends I suppose." The voice glitched over. "I will miss you all so much"

Jimin's eyes glossed over with tears.

"I learned so much and did so much. I became someone and I owe it to you guys." Y/N spoke. "I know I won't be able to pay any of it back, but I do want to say that you are the only thing I will ever get to know. And I will never regret it. I thank chance for making Taehyung buy me."

The boys' attention was closely on the hologram. Even if there was no image, they pictured her vividly.

"I know I may have missed so much out of you guys. But our time was short." The voice began to glitch even more. "And that made me have a happy life."

"Thank you guys"

The signal went dead as the hologram retracted.

The boys stayed in silence as they looked at each other. Their heart weighted in their chests as they tried to breathe.

Jimin grabbed the notepad and flipped to the last page.

I sense that something bad is going to happen. I prefer to say this now. You guys owe me nothing, Don't feel guilty over whatever I choose to do. I began to doub1t before writing this, so please, don't blame yourselves. You are strong people. I hope we meet again if anything bad happens.

The rest of the things was ripped off and mostly smudged.

The boys straightened up as Jimin read the thing outloud. Their eyes widened as smiles took over their faces.

"Did it work?" The android heard someone say.

"I re-built Sam from scratch. This was easy" Taehyung? "I hope"

The android opened its eyes as it scanned the entire room.

Three young men stood in front of it with hopeful eyes.

Hopeful eyes?

The android blinked as it looked around.

"Y/N?" The black-haired boy asked.

The android looked at him and tilted its head.

The shoulders on the boys slumped over.

The android frowned at this motion. It scanned the entire room again.

"Maybe it needs time to re-adjust," Jungkook said.

The android's eyes went wide.

"Jimin?"