Chapter 62

*That same afternoon after Niklaus and Hope left the Bayou.

Helena was ready to head to the location of the cabin she was keeping the infant in, but she smelled Cary approaching. Just great. What does he want? She mentally groaned.

"Hey! Glad I spotted you here." Cary shouted, walking towards her. "Well?" He asked.

"Right. Nice seeing ya again." Helena nodded. "Well what?" She questioned.

"Are you finally going to strip down that protection spell? Come on. It's just us. You said it yourself. This little area we're stepping on is protected because of you. No harm done right? I'll just keep annoying you until you finally do it." Cary grinned.

"Why do you insist on bringing down my protection spell? Do I gotta worry about you?" Helena quirked a brow.

"No. And I know what you're doing. You're deflecting. Are you scared of what you might discover?" Cary questioned with a wink.

"No..." Helena lied with a gulp.

"Okay. Then prove it." Cary stated as he crossed his arms.

If this pesky little dog don't stop....Ugh. I gotta. Just get this over with. Helena mentally whined as she chanted a spell that took down her protection.

"It can't be...." Cary responded astonished as he sniffed her scent. "It can't be...how?" He questioned.

"What!?" Helena replied a bit annoyed.

"That explains everything. The mark. The ink. How old are you?" Cary asked.

"Why...stop scaring me Cary." Helena growled.

"Come on. How old are you?" Cary questioned again.

"Real old. +2,000. Happy?" Helena mocked.

"Yeah. We've heard about you." Cary smiled. "I can't believe it's really you though. You were another legend." He stated.

"What are you on about? This is starting to get ridiculous." Helena rolled her eyes.

"Your mark and the ink used was during Ansel's time. That I am sure of. But your symbol isn't just a North East Atlantic Pack one. See we have many variations of the North East Atlantic Pack symbol due to the many families within the pack. Your symbol...your symbol belong to Ansel. And due to your age, it places you right at that time." Cary explained. "Wait a minute...Klaus was supposedly born around that time as well." He questioned, trying to fit the pieces together.

"What the hell are you saying?" Helena panicked. She knew Niklaus was the same age as her, but she decided to omit that information from Cary.

"I-I...umm....I'm saying. Well...you and Klaus are half-siblings." Cary stated. "That I know for sure. I just don't understand. Judging by your reaction, you didn't know this. Which means Klaus doesn't know this. Which means a whole plethora of people who should know don't know as well..." He rambled.

"You lost me." Helena voiced as she rubbed her forehead. This couldn't be happening. This couldn't be happening at all. So her father was the same father that sort of abandoned Niklaus as well? Father of the year. She mocked. Or did he just have terrible taste in women and ironically witches? Esther was evil, but so was her mother. Created two abominations and left us to die or fend for ourselves. Helena angrily thought.

"Oh right. Back to the legend. So the legend goes: Ansel had another child. The child was a girl this time. And her name was Nikolai. Her mother, a witch, was pregnant with her around the time the other witch Esther was pregnant as well. But when she found out Ansel was playing with them both because at the time a lot of wolves were polygamous, she ran away with the baby and was never heard from again. Then centuries later, it was said that Nikolai survived and became a powerful immortal were-witch. That's all we knew about her. But no one thought it was true because Ansel died and only he could confirm since no one else saw the girl or the mother." Cary explained as he took a moment to catch his breath.

"Strange....That sounds about right. Who created this legend?" Helena asked.

"We don't know. It's just been passed down from generation to generation. Same with Klaus. Nothing stays hidden." Cary shrugged.

"Clearly someone has been paying close attention and I wanna find out who." Helena crossed her arms with a huff. Nothing stays hidden. Cary's words ringing in her head. What the hell does that mean? Does that mean someone out there knows my secrets? Who god damn! She was furious.

"Good luck. Pretty sure the one or ones who told that legend are dead already. They're prophets. It's not like someone added to those stories as the centuries went by. This story was told in one setting and passed down over time." Cary explained.

"That's just great. What other dirty laundry is being told in that pack of yours?" Helena quirked her brow.

"Oh. Lots. Really juicy stuff." Cary responded with a smirk. "And no. I don't know who the current prophets in our pack are. Only the Alpha does. But Alphas have to swear to protect their identities so good luck trying, Nikolai." He laughed.

"Don't call me that. I don't care what that stupid ass legend says about me." Helena barked. "Look...I appreciate it. But this is too much. Come back another time?" She proposed. Her head was spinning.

"Sorry. sorry." Cary sympathetically answered with a laugh. "Yeah. No problem. Take care." He nodded as he patted her shoulder and transformed into a grey wolf, sprinting into the forest.

"Back at ya..." Helena trailed off as she let out a heavy sigh.

She then began thinking about it. Niklaus and I share a father? But we don't look the same. Well you're not entirely supposed to idiot. Doesn't always work like that. Half-siblings and all. Helena then started noticing a few things. Their curly-wavy hair, pump red lips, the same seductive grin/smirk, and hair color considering hers was light brown but could be seen as dirty blond. However, he had blue-green eyes which contrasted her dark brown ones and a fair complexion which also contrasted her olive complexion. This meant that she was also Hope's aunt. Which means that this infant I abducted is my nephew! Can it get worse? Oh yes it did! So this would also mean I was tortured and rape by my own brother? No, no, no. She shook her head. That would also mean she fell in love with her own brother and vice versa at some point. This was starting to get traumatic. Is that why their eyes flickered to the point where she could have triggered his gene? Is that why he got so out of control once? Was this a werewolf thing? Was it some kind of connection? She decided to put a stop to this nonsense. Helena was about to have a mental breakdown any minute now. It didn't help that her mind kept opening the door to more insidious thoughts. She had to stop now before she'd start to vomit. I can't take this. I need to focus on getting to that cabin. Wouldn't want to starve my nephew to death all because I had a damn break down.

As she tried to regain focus, she started to recited the protection spell. With this part done, Helena was ready to get to her nephew. A fact she still couldn't believe. How much more fucked up can this family tree get? She mocked, making her way to the secluded cabin. A family tree she wanted no part of. Too fucked up for her standards. For once in her life she'd rather be alone.