Chapter 43

*Sunday morning, July 7th, 2019.

Frustrated with a memory nagging at him, Niklaus turned to sleep the other way, but he felt a warm body. It's only Hope. Niklaus mentally waved off as he pressed against the body. This female's figure felt a bit different....it had more volume in certain areas.

"Now why did ya have to go and do that huh?" The unknown figure asked. "Always was a momma's boy." The figure replied with a sinister laugh.

What in the bloody hell? Niklaus groaned as he sat up and opened his eyes. No one. He observed. He could hear Hope's breathing from her bedroom, fast asleep. Either this is an ill-witted joke being cast by a witch or I need to reflect. He grunted as he got up and vamped to the living room. He knew the perfect formula to reflect and that formula was Bourbon. But first he needed to check whether it was being pulled by a witch or a figment of his imagination.

"Was it funny? I thought it was pretty funny from where I was standing." Helena mocked, sitting on the couch and observing his paintings. "But ya know...I still prefer the painting. Really got ya there." She nodded.

"You know what I find interesting?" Niklaus continued, "Shilah was already terribly annoying. Like a pesky fly on the wall. I heard all about her. However, It seems she kept her distance from me. Then I start to get comfortable and there she is, being a nuisance. I always thought it was just a coincidence being the King of New Orleans and all.." He trailed off, hearing a scoff from her at this. "You see...I have been doing my own little research. Did you think I forgot?" Niklaus nonchalantly stated, walking over to the cabinets, and grabbing a bottle of Bourbon. "You were scared of me. Why else would you use a ridiculous alias and a glamour spell?" He chuckled. "But Hope...she is what made you crawl out of the swampy dirty hole you were in. She's the reason you are no longer scared of my presence. And when I find out why, you will have Hell to pay. Have fun while it lasts." Niklaus stood in front of her with a murderous gaze as he pinned his arms against each side of her.

"I see ya developed a sense of humor. I hear it's real therapeutic. Ain't that right Cami?" Helena laughed as she stared directly into his eyes. The same ocean blue-green eyes but with a dark touch. No light within those orbs. "Scared my ass, boy-toy. Good luck with that research. I been Shilah for a long long time now." She shrugged. "There ain't much to look at. I'm not worried." Helena scoffed, as she pushed his chest, and stood up, dusting herself. "Been awhile since I paid ya a visit. How's mini wife doing?"

"I don't have a wife. Get out. Now. Before I do something you shall regret." Niklaus furrowed his brows in annoyance as he grabbed her shoulders roughly.

"Ah, but mon cheri, you do. Or you will. With time of course." Helena grinned. "Hah! That's rich. You done so many vile things, you think I'm afraid of that?" She laughed and spit on his face.

"With time? What exactly do you know witch-bitch?" Niklaus questioned sternly, ignoring her little stunt.

"Now now, don't go stealing the nicknames I made for ya wolf boy." Helena mocked as she continued. "Nothing you need to worry yourself about. It's not as if I'm going to tell ya shit anyway." She shrugged as she flicked her wrist and flung him to the wall. "I don't have time to play fetch, Nik. Gotta go back to doing my own little research."

"A trade then." Niklaus declared.

"Hm...you still think you make the demands from up there?" Helena chuckled lightly. "You don't have any information I want."

"Try me." Niklaus taunted.

"Already did. Wasn't any good. Overrated." Helena poked back.

"You know what I meant mongrel!" Niklaus scoffed at her insult.