Chapter 39

*Wednesday morning, July 3rd, 2019.

"Yeah...I'll have a salted caramel mocha and whatever that is." Helena spoke as she reached for her purse and quietly chanted a spell. She grabbing a few dollars she puffed into existence and handed it to the oblivious cashier.

"Closest Starbucks to Lafayette cemetery my ass. No doubt she was thinking of Lafayette Square and she's supposed to be a local?" Helena scoffed as she walked towards the exit and stood outside with the drink in her hand. "Ah well. How does that one song go...I got magic-"

"Alaka-zamaka-zoo." Davina chirped from behind her, making Helena jump subtly.

"Davina!?" Helena shrieked as she grabbed Davina's wrist, pulling her inside the coffee shop, and running to the women's restroom near the entrance. She then chanted a spell to protect their conversation from outsiders.

"I know, I know. We're not supposed to be hanging out or chit chatting. Only at the Bayou." Davina sighed as Helena let go of her wrist.

"So then why are you here?" Helena grunted as she continued. "Look Davina...I'm not trying to be rude but this messes up our plans. If Niklaus or his associates which he still has, keep in mind, see us talking, it's game over. They already know your bad blood ties to him. It's only a matter of time before he or they put two and two together." She spoke as she gave Davina a sympathetic look.

"I know. I'm not a baby! It was a mistake. I was actually coming to drink here too but then I saw you standing outside and after what happened with Klaus and Hope and especially what happened afterwards..." Davina wiggled her eyebrows as she continued, "I wanted to tell you about it and couldn't wait until tomorrow so I took the chance." She rambled.

"Fine. But just this once. Understand?" Helena questioned sternly. "This can't be a regular. If you want to meet with me, it's the Bayou or nothing. Now what did ya wanna say?" She looked at Davina and waited for a response.

"So good news and maybe bad news." Davina stuttered at the last part. "Good news is, I got the stuff ready for Kai and our lovebirds completed their one on one so onto the next phase. Bad news....I think my lies about Kol is going to bite me in the ass. I mean...Kol is already getting a little more than suspicious about my astral projecting and my whereabouts." She explained as she chewed on her bottom lip.

"The most crucial thing is that they're progressing in order to fulfill my-our plans. However...Kol should never underestimated. Take more precaution and if we have to limit our visits then it is what it is. It's better not to get him involved in this. We already have Niklaus to deal with." Helena calmly stated.

"About that...Klaus is suspicious about me but I think after spending a day with him, he's lowered his guard a little." Davina shurgged as she continued. "Right...what exactly are our plans? You only let me see pieces of the picture. I don't even get to see the full picture when I'm trying to look into Hope's or Klaus's fate. I can only see a few events ahead. Same goes for Khoudia and Kai. And when I try to look into you, I see nothing. What are you hiding from me?" She probed, her paranoia getting to her.

"Hah, that's right. I recall. Was it fun? You looked like you were having fun. But trust me it ain't all that fun once you know how he actually used some of those items." Helena laughed. "No. Don't do that Davina. You're letting your paranoia cloud your judgment. Sometimes it's best not to know all the details. You will know when the time comes." She reassured her.

"Wait...he used everything in that store!?" Davina barked. "Wait a minute...don't change the subject. Why don't you want me to see yours? Why can't I see yours at least? Just a peek?" She sighed.

"Yup. Sure did. Why are you surprised? Come on Davina. He owns that entire building and business. Plus you know how he is." Helena rolled her eyes. "Because I don't. There are things I don't want you to see, alright? I admit it. I have my own demons. Everyone does. But I'm not ready to share them all. Especially not in the visual sense. I'm telling ya...when the time comes, you will know. Trust my word." She patted Davina's shoulder.

"That's true...I guess I got a little carried away." Davina sheepishly stated. "Okay okay. I respect that. I don't want to pressure you. It's just that I get paranoid sometimes because you know everything that's going to happen and I only know stuff here and there so I'm not completely prepared." She shrugged.

"Don't beat yourself up. He has that stupid effect on everyone. Whether ya hate him or love him." Helena waved off nonchalantly, knowing exactly how it felt. "Thanks Davina. I mean it and I appreciate your loyalty. I understand it's hard and ya know, that's a good point. You're not prepared. That's also why you get yourself into some of these messes. But the thing is, most of the "mistakes" so far have been part of the plan. Don't ever think that I won't come to aid ya if something happened or wasn't part of the plan. As long as you trust me that's all that matters." She smiled as she looked at Davina.

"Right." Davina smiled and nodded, Helena reassuring her once again. "Well...see you tomorrow. Big day." She nervously giggled. She couldn't wait to see Helena again but at the same time, she wasn't sure if she would be able to follow through with the demands tomorrow.

"Ya got that right! We're gonna have so much fun. Perfect way to celebrate the 4th in my opinion." Helena winked and laughed as she waited for Davina to chant the relocation spell so she could get out of the restroom and pass it off as if she ate something terrible and walk away. She watched as Davina disappeared waving at her.

"Did you die in there or something! God damn!" a dirty blonde haired woman with fair skin and brown eyes exclaimed.

"Sure did. Saw Jesus and everything." Helena remarked in a sassy tone, strolling out of the Starbucks coffee shop without a care in the world and a salted caramel mocha in hand.