▪️Prologue▪️Jungkook's Backstory▪️

[Jungkook POV]

I frantically ran to a corner in my bedroom as my door opened revealing... My Father... He had an insane look in his eyes has he eyed me, holding a syringe full of an unknown, shiny blue liquid. Unfortunately, my Mother passed away, making the family just Father, my older brother who was studying abroad and I now. She died due to being poisoned, however, Father doesn't seem to be coping with her death very well. He worked as a scientist, but lately he has been acting strange. He's been isolating himself in his mini laboratory that we have in the house and was working on a new chemical. I tried to get him out of his lab so I could spend time with him and help him with mother's death but... All I got in return was,

"YOU'RE SUCH ANNOYING BRAT!!! GO AWAY" *Punch*

"SHUT UP WILL YA?! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS AND WHAT YOU SAY" *Kick*

"I DON'T CARE, ASK YOUR BROTHER TOO HELP YOU WITH YOUR HOMEWORK OR WHATEVER." *Smack*

"CAN'T YOU SEE I AM BUSY?! GO AWAY YOU UGLY NUISANCE AND STOP BEING A BURDEN!!!" *Whip*

I looked around, trying to find something that would help me shield myself, but I found nothing as my Father made me throw out all the things I had and loved. I made eye contact with my Father again who was walking closer to me, I wrapped my knees around my chest and started to beg and cry.

"Appa!! Please stop!! What are you doing?!" I cried as I tried to curl myself up as small as possible.

"You've been an annoying nuisance lately as I was working on a new experiment. Now, here's your punishment..." Father said darkly.

I shuddered and tried to make a run for it, but my Father quickly lunged forward at me and harshly grasped my arm which was surely going to leave a bruise. He pulled my wrist, injecting the blue fluid into my veins. I screamed in pain, thrashing around, hoping it would loosen up my Father's grip enough for me to flee, however he emptied out the syringe. He shoved me to the wall and left, leaving me in a weak state. I tried standing up but failed, I collapsed back on the floor. I took a look on my right wrist where he injected the chemical. There was a scar, shaped like a small star, my veins also started to turn into a shade of a lighter blue. I started to sob, my tears flowing endlessly, wishing Father wasn't like this, wishing Mother never left, wishing that I never got into this mess and still lived a happy life.

.

.

.

.

"Happy 13th Birthday, Jungkook" I whispered to myself.

•••

Word count: 469 words.