Dante Sparda x SMR

Dante watched as his boyfriend of 3 years was packing up. They just had another serious argument, mostly about Dante being with empty pockets again and not doing anything around the business. Y/n was the one to cook and clean all the time, he was just tired. He cared for Devil May Cry even then he was getting back from work. Finally he was fed up with coming back to Dante asking him what's for dinner and a constant mess. He needed a man by his side, not a baby.

-Bye Dante. - said Y/n before he left.

Dante stared at the closed door for a while. It was unreal for him. They had such arguments before, but they always came back to each other. Dante thought it would be the same this time. He ordered another pizza, of course with the payment at the end of the month, and just waited for it to arrive.

Time skip

Dante tried to call Y/n for the past three days. It's been half of the week already and Dante started believing Y/n was done with him for good. Y/n didn't pick up the phone and didn't come out to Dante whenever he came to Y/n's workplace. Y/n's parents claimed that they didn't know that he broke up with Dante, so they weren't much of a help.

-What will I do now? - sighed Dante running his hnd through his white hair.

-You screwed up. - said Trish.

-You will never find anyone like him. -added Lady.

-Can you stop making it worse? - growled Dante - Knowing that is one thing, but hearing it is a different story.

The girls knew how much Y/n really meant to Dante. Even though he seemed like he didn't care sometimes, Y/n was his treasure. Once he fell in love with Y/n he started understanding how and why his father rebeled against the demons. He would do the same for Y/n if he was in his father's place.

-Tell you what. - said Lady. - I'll teach you how to cook.

-What for? - asked Dante.

-Y/n works in a big corporation, I'm guessing that it must be really stressful. I think that it would make him smile if he came back home to see you waiting with dinner for him. You have to help him out. He's not your maid, but your lover. Share the house chores with him.

-I hope I will have a possibility to make it up to him. - sighed Dante.

Time skip

Lady took care of Dante's cooking skills. For a past month Dante learned how to make Y/n's favorite dishes and a pizza. Then Trish tried to call Y/n from her phone. Y/n didn't know it, so he picked up.

-Trish. - chuckled Y/n, he immediately recognized her. - What do you want?

-Dante is...

-I'm done with Dante. - Y/n cut her off.

-Listen. - started Tish.- He's really making a change. He learns how to cook at the moment, please, give him one last chance. I can't stand him like this, he looks like a lovesick puppy.

-Must be cute. - chuckled Y/n.

-Come and see yourself. - smirked Trish. - Me and Lady will have a girls night so you will have the evening for yourself. - she said and hung up on him.

Y/n huffed and thought about the offer. He made a tea and drank it slowly, enjoying the warmness he felt withevery sip. Dante was an asshole, but the truth was that Y/n missed him a lot. Who will put up with that idiot, if not Y/n? He finished the tea and watched as it turned dark. He sighed, got up and made his way to his bedroom. He put some black clothes on. When he was ready, he got in the car. He took one last deep breath, then started driving to Devil May Cry.

For the first time in a long time he saw the inside of the agency spottlesly clean. He looked around when he heard Dante's voice.

-I'm glad you came here. - smiled Dante looking at Y/n. - I thought you would just ditch me.

-I considered it. - sighed Y/n. - But when Trish said you look like a love sick puppy, I had to see it.

-She said that? - said Dante chuckling and Y/n nodded.

Dante and Y/n sat at the table and ate in peace. After they both finished the meal the time for confessions and apologies came.

-I was an idiot. - said Dante. - I'm sorry for putting so much on you. I hope I didn't lose you forever yet.

-You were on a perfect way to accomplish that. - Y/n leaned back in his chair. - You know me, I will do everything for you and make you feel secure. But I need that feeling too, and the fact that you're a demon isn't enough.

-I know I fucked up. - nodded Dante.

-You did. - said Y/n standing up. - But you're mine.- he added and pecked Dante's lips. Then they moved to the couch and cuddled until the sleep consumed them.