°@houseofmirrors

She's a multi-time awardee and featured on the wattpad Romance and Chicklit lists. SM fans give a warm acknowledgment to the creator of Siren, Briana.

 SM fans give a warm acknowledgment to the creator of Siren, Briana

*+*

Hiya Bri, let's get started!

Q: Bri, is there any specific meaning behind your username or was it created randomly?

Believe it or not, I've been asked this question a lot lately, and each time I have to admit that I can't remember why I chose the username, lol. I originally joined Wattpad back in 2010 before removing all of my works and leaving that account in 2014 when I didn't have the time for it anymore due to studies and travel. When I came back in 2016, I just ended up adopting the same username I'd used on the original account. I wish I could remember the reason behind the username at the time, but I just can't. My pen name, however, is made up of the name of the first character I wrote (Briana) and a variation on the spelling of my birth month (Mae) 

Q: What can you tell us about your latest project and how excited are you about it?

I always love being asked this question. My current project, Siren, is probably the most exciting story idea I've had to date. It's about a woman who is diagnosed with psychogenic mutism when she's a child after witnessing her father's fishing boat go up in flames. For twenty years she's hidden behind her silence and the walls she's built around her heart to protect herself from knowing that pain of loss again. The story follows her twenty years later as she navigates through this grief that she's been clinging to, and the emotions that the new guy in town awakens in her. Her fears are challenged, her heart and her thoughts put to the test, and the friendship to the relationship that develops between Ashlyn and Derek is like a slow-burning ember that promptly ignites and sets their worlds on fire. 

I've toyed with a lot of concepts before, but none have excited me as much as Siren has. The slow burn nature of it has my heart rising and falling, and hanging on to every emotion that Ashlyn has portrayed (sometimes she surprises even me, and I love that!!) I have thoroughly enjoyed developing her character and the research that I have done into psychogenic mutism, ASL, and grief has been educational and interesting. The characters are dear to me and I have loved being able to share each of them with my readers and seeing them fall in love with them too.