Chapter 17

My eyes flutter open & I almost jump out of my skin when I see a chest right in front of me. Looking around I instantly recognize my living room, & that I'm on the couch. Much to my surprise & pleasure, Hunter is laying with his back against the couch, & I'm snuggled against his chest. Woah! How in the world did this happen? A big smile creeps on my face nonetheless as I enjoy the warmth I feel. 

Slowly last night's events replay in my mind. Hunter & I making out, & somewhere along the lines we laid down as we continued doing so. We must have fallen asleep sometime, although when I'm not sure. It's still unbelievable. I mean, Hunter's this totally sweet, hot & cute guy who makes amazing music, while I'm just an average waitress at a seafood restaurant, nothing special at all. Why in the world would he go for a girl like me? My smile falters as I think about how he'll leave to tour the country in what, 2 weeks? There's going to be gorgeous girls all over him. Whatever he thinks he feels about me now will soon be long forgotten, but I should still give this a try right? Hunter's more than worth it. 

Waking up in Hunter's arms is another one of those amazing feelings that I'm surprised I could go this long without. It feels as natural as breathing, & feels like I need it just the same. I can feel his steady heart beat through his shirt, drawing me in even more if that's possible. 

I pull my face a little bit away to see his face. His eyes are closed, & his lips are slightly parted as he breathes. Unable to control myself, I bring my lips to his & kiss him. Once I pull away after only a second, I see his eyes flutter open as he smiles brightly at me. 

"Am I dreaming?" He says quietly, almost under his breath but I hear him. 

"I was wondering the same thing," I admit. "I woke up & couldn't remember what happened at fist so yeah." A small nervous chuckle escapes my lips. 

"I could remind you, if you want.." He blushes a little, making me smile as my own cheeks heat up. He's so cute! 

"Certainly couldn't hurt to remind me." He smiles as he brings his lips back to mine, starting out slow but growing more passionate by the second. Mindlessly, my fingers reach his cheek as we kiss, creating more tingles as I feel his soft cool skin. 

My phone ringing stops us both. He lets me go so I can get my phone off the table, although I can't say I wasn't frowning a little bit. I hope whoever was interrupting had a good reason! 

"Hello?" I answer before I check the caller ID. 

"Lexi, it's on facebook!" Bella says, her voice shaking a little bit. 

"You heard about that, huh?" I ask, remembering the picture Bailey posted on facebook yesterday. I really hope people aren't giving my family a hard time about that, or else I won't hesitate to go down there & kick their a- 

"It's all people are talking about," she explains, cutting me off from my thoughts. 

"Are they bothering you or Mom about it, Bella? I'll come down if you need me too." 

"No one's been mean to me yet, I don't know about Mom. I'm just giving pity, which is annoying enough itself but at least it isn't worse." 

"Well that's good I guess. If anyone gives either of y'all a hard time call me alright?" 

"Yeah alright. I guess I better go now, bye Lexi." 

"Bye Bells." I hang up, turning to Hunter. 

"Lot of people saw that picture." 

"She won't get away with this, Lexi. Don't worry," Hunter says. 

"What's happened happened. At least she can't do anything more, right?" 

"True." I walk over to the kitchen to see what kinda food I have. 

"Want some breakfast?" I ask as I pull a box of fruit loops out. 

"Yeah, please & thank you." I can't help but think over my sister's life as I pour milk into the bowl. What if people make jokes about Dad to her? I know she won't be able to take it, as tough as she seems I know she's sensitive deep down. She'll act like it doesn't bother her til she can't handle it anymore. That tends to happen in our family. 

Hunter thanks me as I hand him his bowl, before I go make my own then sit by him on the couch. 

"Is your sister ok with the picture thing? People aren't messing with her about it are they?" He asks, looking at me with a raised eyebrow. 

"No, they just pity her about it, which does annoy her though." 

"I want to call Bailey & tell her off, but part of me thinks it'll be more satisfying to do that in person." 

"Ha, well either way." I pat him on the back. "She'll get mad & give you some hell." 

"I'll give it right back. That girl needs to be taught a lesson." 

"Hard to believe she used to be such a good friend of mine." I frown, remembering the good times. We were just kids back then. I don't even know why she grew to hate me. 

"I wonder what made her go evil." 

"I've always wondered that myself. I never did anything to her, but she just hates me." He shrugs, not having any answer. 

"Sometimes people just change," he says after a moment. I frown a little. I certainly hope you never change, Hunter. Good guys like you are hard to come by.

*I don't say it enough, but I'm really grateful to you guys for reading this story! I read the comments & they always make me smile. I love to write & love that everybody seems to enjoy it. Thank you guys :) Oh by the way, have a happy & safe Halloween!*