Chapter 46

*Pic of Matt*

Lexi's POV:

I sit on the couch, tense as Hunter paces around the bus. The rest of the band have arrived & we just showed them the note & photo. Sitting in my lap is my wig, being gripped tightly with my fingers as I watch everybody. Matt looks ready to punch someone, Steve looks nervous, Sam looks ill, Devin looks like he just witnessed a murder, & Hunter looks ready to murder someone. My grip on the wig tightens as all of the emotions hits me like the pie during the big food fight in sophmore year. It was messy, just like this.

Angry about the stalkers chasing me, angry that their upsetting Hunter & his band, scared that their going to hurt me or anybody I love. Scared that this is wrecking Hunter inside.

"I'm going to call that officer," Hunter says before he steps inside the bunk area. Nodding weakly, I turn my attention back to the window looking outside. It's too dark to see anything, but there just might be someone there. Without realizing, my grip on the wig tightens further til I can literally feel the colors drain from my knuckles. Standing up, I grab the crutches & waddle towards the bunk room, ignoring the questioning gazes.

"Yes, it did say something, it was on the back." He talks on the phone, giving me a small smile as a greeting. I sit beside him, taking his free hand in mine & squeeze it gently. "It said..." he swallows. "'Hot new look, can't wait to get you alone.'" He listens on the phone for a few moments. "You really think that's a good idea? They'll just follow her back. There is no right move here." He listens some more. "I'll talk to her. Bye." Hunter hangs up, sliding his phone back in his pockets before turning to me. "He doesn't know if it's such a good idea for you to be here anymore. But it's not safe for you in Miami either." I nod understandingly, a surge of sadness going through me at how I'm not safe anywhere. He stares at me for a few moments, not saying anything. His eyes melt through mine, & I know that he's thinking something over, thinkin' hard.

"Please, don't say it," I whisper, feeling my heart tug. He looks at me sadly, & I can see the tears form in his own eyes. He moves his lips to mine, & we kiss passionatly as we try to forget all the pain. That's another thing I love about Hunter, he can always make me forget.

Pulling apart, we rest our foreheads together. My eyes are shut, trying to keep tears in as I can feel him thinking his words over.

"Lexi-"

"No."

"I'm so sorry bu-"

"Shut up."

"This-"

"Shhh," I whisper, putting my finger to his lips, effectivly shutting him up. I force a smile out, blinking back the tears I feel forming in my eyes. "Really good show tonight. Did you really have to mention me for Storm Warning?" I laugh. A ghost of a smile forms on his face, remembering.

"Yeah I did." Before I can reply, he presses his hand over my mouth.

"Lexi, this hurts like hell to even think about, but now I have to say it." I shake my head against his hand, my eyes pleading him to not go there. He avoids my gaze. "Tomorrow, you have to go back to Miami. As far as anyone knows, you & I, we're.. not together anymore." He blinks a few times. "You'll be safe now. That's all that matters." Finally, I rip his hand off of my mouth, which is wet from the tears that have leaked.

"I don't care what you say, I'm staying here with you." Still avoiding my gaze, he shakes his head. "I'll quit my job, I just have to be here." More tears fall from my eyes, & I see some fall out of his, too.

"You're going, that's final." With that said, he gets up & walks into his studio. I cover my mouth with my hand to keep my sobs in, hardly even able to breathe anyway.

I can't be here right now. Can't go outside either because of the stalkers, so I just curl up in my bunk under my blanket. I ignore the cries of my hungry stomach, forcing my eyes shut. I know he did it to protect me, I know that. But it still hurts nonetheless. It hurt to watch him walk away, also hurting. It hurt to see him give up on us, just like that.

Feeling myself start to drit off, I try to imagine something nice. All that comes to mind is Hunter's smiling face.

Irony really is a bitch.

*I almost cried myself just writing this. Blah. Don't hate me, ok? Remember, WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER.*