Chapter 52

Lexi's POV:

I sit calmy, looking at my whereabouts. I'm in a giant grey room, with, well, nothing in it besides the chair I'm tied up in. Hopefully they'll bring my sister back here with me, so I could at least protect her. Neither Mr Beefy nor Mr Gauges mentioned her when they brought me here.

Mr Gauges opens the door & comes in, smirking darkly as he walks towards me in a menacing fashion. Putting on my poker face, I make sure to show as little fear as possible.

Remember girl, you've brought him to his knees before. But now I'm tied up, so kicking him where the sun don't shine won't be an easy task.

"I havn't really gotten even with you for what happened the last time we were face to face," he says, & I notice the pure anger in his eyes. The almost, dare I say, playful flirt seems to be long gone, & now the real danger is here. Keeping my lips shut, my eyes trail his every movement. "Looks like you don't have much to say now, don't you?" He walks til he's directly in front of me, & without warning his pushes my head back against the chair. I wince, feeling the pain rush through it.

"Blake!" He turns to see who suddenly called, & we both see Mr Beefy walk in with my sister, who has on a blindfold. I perch up, looking to see if she's hurt & am relieved when it appears she's not harmed in any way. "Be good, we still have to figure out what we're going to do with her."

"Bella?" I call out to see her head instantly look up.

"Lexi?"

"Alright enough. Now that you've seen that you're sister is alive we'll send her back home, but you stay," Mr Beefy explains.

"How do I know you're really taking her back home?" I ask, suspicious. Mr Gauges, who I guess is really named Blake, grins at me.

"You don't."

"It'll all be ok Bells." I say, glaring at the thugs when I hear them snort. Mr Beefy takes her out of the room, leaving me once again to deal with.. Blake.. on my own.

"So.. Blake, is it?"

"Yup."

"If you guys wanted me out of Hunter's life so much.." I gulp, which doesn't go unnoticed as he smirks. "Why am I still alive?"

"Let's just say my friend's cousin knows about this plan, & well, you're lucky he likes you otherwise you'd be good as dead." My widened eyes fall to the floor. Cousin? Does.. does he mean that somone I know is apart of this?

"When you say friend, do you mean your.. uh.. partner in crime in all this? That blonde guy?"

"Yeah, I guess if you know my name you might as well know his. Jett."

"But.. who's his cousin?"

"Don't worry about him yet. Seeing as much trouble you are, if he doesn't kill you then I will." I close my eyes & lean back, groaning.

Hunter's POV:

"Are you sure about this?" Josh asks, looking between Dillon & I.

"Completely," I say, staring at the 'empty' warehouse that sits in front of our car. Luckily I had a funny feeling that it wouldn't be long before those goons came after Lexi, so I stuck near her apartment building. Just as I was getting ready to go after them, Dillon & some kid who turned out to be his dad's girlfriend's son came running out. So now we're here.

"I'll call the officer now, he'll get the squad here in no time," Dillon says as he pulls his phone out.

"Drop it!" I jump so high I hit my head on the ceiling of the car. Looking over to where Dillon sits in the driver's seat, I gasp as I see a man holding a gun to us. "Drop the phone, & all of you step out of the car," he demands. He stares us down with his black almond eyes, & I don't think any of us doubt him so we do what he says.