Chapter 51

Lexi's POV:

My eyes feel sore from crying, but I continue to stare up at the ceiling of the studio room in the tour bus blankly. There ain't any tears left to be shed, guess I'm all out.

Bella is missing. My baby sister is gone.

My insides throb painfully at the thought. It's all my fault. My baby sister could be dead because of me. Squeezing my eyes shut, I press my lips together to keep another sob in. The girl that I had to hold in my arms every night for weeks after Daddy died. The girl that always grabbed my ankle whenever I walked by when she was a toddler. The girl who egged Eric's car after we broke up.

A light knock on the door captures my attention, & I look up to see Hunter peeking in, a concerned expression on his face. Memories of when I got the call fill my mind as he walks in the doorway. When my mama told me that Bella has disappeared, I couldn't take it. I came straight here, leaving everyone baffled & confused at the golf place.

I feel the couch dip as he sits in front of my stomach.

"Lexi? What's the matter?" Unable to speak because of the lump in my throat, I just shut my eyes & shake my head. His hand rubs my arm gently, & I give him a small -forced- smile. His lips part slightly as he looks at me sadly. He reaches over for his guitar, & puts the strap over his head before he looks at me again.

"When you try not to look at me," he begins singing & playing his guitar, looking me straight in the eye. "Scared that I'll see you hurting. You're not hiding anything, no. & frankly it's got me worried. Nobody knows you better than I do. I keep my promises, I'm fighting for you. You're not alone, I'll listen till your tears give out," I feel tears start again as his voice cracks, his ocean blue eyes glistening. "You're safe & sound, I swear that I won't let you down.

What's hurting you? I, I feel it too. I mean it when I say when you cry, I cry with you, ohh with you." More tears continue to stream down my cheeks as I see a couple go down his.

Great, first I got my sister into danger now I'm making my boyfriend cry. I'm on a roll of being the most horrible person ever, it seems.

"I'm not going any place, I just hate to see you like this. No, I can't make it go away. Oh, but keeping it inside won't fix it. I can't give you every answer that you need. But I wanna hear everything you wanna tell me. You're not alone, I'll listen till your tears give out. You're safe & sound, I swear that I won't let you down. What's hurting you? I, I feel it too. I mean it when I say when you cry, I cry with you, oh. Yeah, I cry with you. You need love tough enough to count on, so here I am. You're not alone, I'll listen till your tears give out. You're safe & sound, I swear that I won't let you down. What's hurting you? I, I feel it too. I mean it when I say when you cry, I cry-I mean it when I say when you cry, I cry with you, oh. You're not alone, oh no, baby." We sit in silence, just staring into each other's eyes. A little warmth takes over me at his familiar blue eyes.

"My- my sister is missing." His eyes pop out of joint. He opens his mouth to say something, but instead puts his guitar down & scoops me in his arms. A sob escapes my throat despite my efforts to keep it back as he strokes the back of my head.

"Just let it all out," he says calmly after another sob comes out. So even though I thought I cried myself out, I cry some more. All my mascara has already smeared off anyway.

"I have to go home," I manage to say between sobs, looking up at him through tear filled eyes. He nods understandingly, almost solumnly.

"Would you like me to come with you? I know it won't be easy to explain to your mother.." I swallow a massive lump in my throat.

"No, no. You stay & finish your tour."

"Are you going to be ok flying all the way out there with your hurt leg on your own?" He frowns.

"I'll be just fine," I lie, not knowing how things will go at all. The thugs could jump me for all I know. "I gotta get to my apartment to get some things first though."

"Then the least I can do is drive you there." I smile, knowing that it may be a while before I see him again so I need all the time I can get.

----------------------

"You take care of her," Hunter tells Dillon as we three stand in front of the apartment building.

"Don't worry, she's in good hands. Besides, she's just staying tonight. The plane is first thing in the morning. How can we possibly get screwed up in that short amount of time?" He chuckles while Hunter & I exchange glances. It only takes one moment for anything to change. The forementioned smiles at me, a hint of saddness in his eyes.

"You need anything, just call me. I love you."

"I love you too," I say, hoping he doesn't notice that my smile doesn't go all the way to my eyes. After a quick kiss that, as usual, left me wanting more, he returns to his rental to go back to where his concert is. My gaze returns to Dillon, who's eyes are on the pavement as his hands remain in his jeans pockets. He looks up, giving me a warm smile.

"I'm sure it'll all turn out alright." I bite my tongue, not wanting to yell at him about how he doesn't know that. He is only trying to make me feel better, after all. Instead, I simply nod & follow him inside.

"Home sweet home," I mutter as I look around my apartment. It doesn't feel right, like there's something missing. Oh yeah, his name is Hunter Hayes.

"Does your mother know yet?" Dillon asks, as I turn to face him. "About the uh, thugs I mean."

"Nope, gonna tell her tomorrow when I get back home." Ugh, she's going to be so upset at me. Even she'll know that it's all my fault that her daughter is missing.

"Well, Josh is coming over in a bit if you want to hang out," he smiles.

"Alright," I say in agreement, picturing the young blonde boy's face. Been a long time since I've seen him anyway.

"Just come over when you're ready," Dillon tells me before leaving. I look around my apartment, smiling a little. Sure, I've missed it, but the tour bus is more missable.

Sitting down on the couch, I press the remote control's on button for the tv to see GAC's daily countdown. I smile as Blake Shelton's God Gave Me You music video plays. I love his version of this song.

After half an hour later of watching music videos, I nearly jump off of the couch when I feel my cell phone vibrate in my pocket. A gasp escapes my lips as I read the text from the unknown number.

'Want your sister alive? Go out your door quietly & come without trouble' Eyes wide as panic sets in, I quickly grab a pen & paper off of the coffee table & scribble out a note to Dillon.

'Forced to go with the thugs -Lexi' Hopefully he'll see it. Hoping off of the couch, my heart thumps in my chest as I walk towards the door. It suddenly dawns on me that I might not live to see tomorrow.

I slowly open the door to see the beefier of the two kidnappers standing there, sporting a smirk with his arms crossed over his chest.

'C'mon,' he mouths, sticking his hand out. Ignoring his gesture, I close the door behind me & walk beside him towards the elevator.

In no time at all, I'm sitting in the back seat of their black car.

"Let me put this on you," the guy demands, tying a blindfold around my eyes. I make a huff sound, bringing my eyes back away from the smirk of the thug with the gauges. He seems way too happy that I'm back here again. Sadly he's decided to sit in the back- with me.

As soon as Mr Beefy shuts the door, I feel Mr Gauges' hand crawl over to mine. Scowling, I pull mine away, ignoring the cool shivers going through me.

"Now now," he scolds as if he's speaking to a child. "Play nice. Don't forget who knows where your dear old sister is." I fight myself from growling. It's going to be a long ride to wherever we're going.

Love Makes Me (Hunter Hayes fanfic) *Currently Editing*On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara